Lagoon Fans
The Lost History of Saltair -A Book and Documentary Project - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Fans (https://www.lagoonfans.com)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.lagoonfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Utah Attractions (https://www.lagoonfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: The Lost History of Saltair -A Book and Documentary Project (/showthread.php?tid=5660)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: The Lost History of Saltair: Subtitle Coming Soon! - Brăden - 08-29-2018

Lots of good photos in there. We're all still waiting for the final product, in case you were wondering. haha

RE: The Lost History of Saltair: Subtitle Coming Soon! - UtahCoasterEnth - 08-29-2018

(08-28-2018, 11:24 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Do you still need drone footage?

I will. I am focusing on getting the book completed and in the process of being published before continuing to film on the documentary though. 

(08-29-2018, 07:17 AM)Brăden Wrote: Lots of good photos in there. We're all still waiting for the final product, in case you were wondering. haha

Thanks. Its coming along. The pictures in this trailer are just a small fraction of the images I have for the book.

RE: The Lost History of Saltair: Subtitle Coming Soon! - UtahCoasterEnth - 09-02-2018

[Image: c350dd92c71d244be8df5611f07f7dc3.png]

[Image: d96f6527f3917524454d7060f33529f1.png]

RE: The Lost History of Saltair: Subtitle Coming Soon! - UtahCoasterEnth - 09-22-2018

Update:

If ya'll are on the Facebook, I have recently created a FB page for my project to make it easier updating on the progress. Here is is a link:

https://www.facebook.com/LostHistoryofSaltair/

RE: The Lost History of Saltair: Subtitle Coming Soon! - UtahCoasterEnth - 10-15-2018

Milestone Reached!

As of last night I have finished my edits to the sections of the manuscript I will be submitting to the publisher as my proposal for the project. I will be selecting a few different people to read over my proposal documents which include the Cover Letter, Synopses, and the Partial Manuscript sections for a couple different reasons listed below:

1. Proofreading it for grammar and spelling errors.

2. For a fresh pair of eyes that has not done the research and does not have knowledge of the subject matter, like myself, to make sure I have explained thoroughly the ideas making them easy to understand to all. This is important as I want this book to be read by everyone not just amusement park geeks.

In the coming days I will be contacting the few I have selected best suited for the job.

The partial manuscript contains 18,000 words over 50 pages and to sweeten the deal it contains a few of my images from my Saltair image collection as a sampling to help sweeten the deal when submitted to the publisher. Those who are selected will essentially be getting a preview of the book.

Just an nice juicy update for a Monday afternoon!  One step closer to completion!

RE: The Lost History of Saltair: Subtitle Coming Soon! - linearinduction - 10-15-2018

(10-15-2018, 02:42 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Milestone Reached!

As of last night I have finished my edits to the sections of the manuscript I will be submitting to the publisher as my proposal for the project. I will be selecting a few different people to read over my proposal documents which include the Cover Letter, Synopses, and the Partial Manuscript sections for a couple different reasons listed below:

1. Proofreading it for grammar and spelling errors.

2. For a fresh pair of eyes that has not done the research and does not have knowledge of the subject matter, like myself, to make sure I have explained thoroughly the ideas making them easy to understand to all. This is important as I want this book to be read by everyone not just amusement park geeks.

In the coming days I will be contacting the few I have selected best suited for the job.

The partial manuscript contains 18,000 words over 50 pages and to sweeten the deal it contains a few of my images from my Saltair image collection as a sampling to help sweeten the deal when submitted to the publisher. Those who are selected will essentially be getting a preview of the book.

Just an nice juicy update for a Monday afternoon!  One step closer to completion!
I would be more than happy to proofread it if you need/want someone. I always excelled in English.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

RE: The Lost History of Saltair: Subtitle Coming Soon! - jetstar2 - 10-15-2018

Cool! Glad to hear you've reached a milestone.

RE: The Lost History of Saltair: Subtitle Coming Soon! - Willenator - 10-16-2018

More importantly, have you picked a subtitle yet?!

RE: The Lost History of Saltair: Subtitle Coming Soon! - jetstar2 - 10-16-2018

(10-16-2018, 12:24 AM)Willenator Wrote: More importantly, have you picked a subtitle yet?!

How about:

The Lost History of Saltair: Attack of the killer Brine Flies!

RE: The Lost History of Saltair: Subtitle Coming Soon! - UtahCoasterEnth - 10-16-2018

(10-15-2018, 07:09 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I would be more than happy to proofread it if you need/want someone. I always excelled in English.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Thanks. At the moment I don't but I appreciate the offer.

(10-16-2018, 12:24 AM)Willenator Wrote: More importantly, have you picked a subtitle yet?!

Oh a subtitle has been in place since before I created this thread, its just remaining a secret until the book it released.

(10-16-2018, 03:39 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: How about:

The Lost History of Saltair: Attack of the killer Brine Flies!

Well as interesting as that sounds it doesn't really fulfill the needs of the book.

And it might be infringing on this movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEQd17JjxxU&t=181s
LOL!