Evermore Park
(12-10-2018, 07:45 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: I am so confused about Evermore. Are they doing a Christmas event right now, and did it open this year during some sort of Halloween  event? It is very confusing.

Evermore partially opened for the Halloween season (some parts of it were operational, but others were/still are under construction).  There are several YouTube videos by people who went to the Halloween event.

The current winter 'event' is called "Aurora" and is described a little bit on the Evermore website - https://www.evermore.com/aurora
(12-10-2018, 08:46 PM)Gregory Wrote: Evermore partially opened for the Halloween season (some parts of it were operational, but others were/still are under construction).  There are several YouTube videos by people who went to the Halloween event.

The current winter 'event' is called "Aurora" and is described a little bit on the Evermore website - https://www.evermore.com/aurora
I was expecting actual answers, instead of more questions. Like, is this an actual Ice Sheet or a Synthetic Rink? There's no way this place would drop the dough for an Ice Resurfacer of Quality *cough* Zamboni *cough* and that would be a problem. If it's a Synthetic Rink you don't want sharp blades (Ice Hockey Skates) on a Synthetic Rink if you are "bringing your own skates." Are there actually REAL Birds and Amphibians there, or are they Fake? I never know what is real and what is Fantasy with this place. If I pay to go Ice Skating, I want real ice, if there are birds, I want real birds, if there are amphibians, I want real amphibians.

Oh, and they delayed the opening again? lol They are using Google Docs for Ticket Management? WTF! lol Who's running this place? Kids? I figured at least Gateway Ticketing, Radiant Systems, Accesso, or Core Cashless, but something that uses Google Docs?? Come On! Are they using Square? lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-10-2018, 09:45 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I was expecting actual answers, instead of more questions.

I know what you mean.  I went into answering Lagoon Lover's question thinking about how I was going to be giving this huge, well-informed answer, only to wind up thinking, "Evermore isn't really explaining things too well, are they?"  (So Lagoon Lover, I think the rest of us, myself included, might be feeling some of that confusion you're experiencing for ourselves here.)

Evermore's clearly got a great website designer.  Now what they need is to pair that person with a great PR agent.
Theyve just started up. It may take them time to figure out what they are doing. I'll be going next week to check it out.

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(12-15-2018, 11:04 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Theyve just started up. It may take them time to figure out what they are doing. I'll be going next week to check it out.
I've heard from reputable sources there are very inexperienced people running things front end, so good luck! Also, let me know about that "Ice Skating."

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Hey does station park have a zamboni for their ice rink?
(12-15-2018, 01:19 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Hey does station park have a zamboni for their ice rink?
First of all, I believe you mean "Ice Resurfacer." A Zamboni is a specific, and extremely expensive, Ice Resurfacer manufactured by the Frank J. Zamboni Company. There's the cheaper, and not very well manufactured, Olympia Ice Resurfacer that is also confused with being a "Zamboni." They would most likey have a 446 or 450 and not an older 550 or a 552. They definitely wouldn't have a 560 or larger.

I really want to go to this place but even after viewing their website I can't figure out what exactly it is...
Is it kinda like a Gardner village situation where there's shops inside? Or is it The Wizarding World of Harry Potter without the rides? Do they usher you through the buildings telling you a story, or do you have free reign to explore?
(12-15-2018, 07:22 PM)Invisible Ink Wrote: I really want to go to this place but even after viewing their website I can't figure out what exactly it is...
Is it kinda like a Gardner village situation where there's shops inside? Or is it The Wizarding World of Harry Potter without the rides? Do they usher you through the buildings telling you a story, or do you have free reign to explore?
I honestly don't even think they really know what they are actually doing when it comes to running a business.

It's a magical place of wonder. Example: many people wonder what it is.