Front Runner Tour
[quote author=Z link=topic=2169.msg16932#msg16932 date=1187727387]
As far as FrontRunner goes, does anybody know why they drove it to Farmington a week ago for testing along the line and then parked it?
[quote author=DragonTamer link=topic=2169.msg16943#msg16943 date=1187732001]
Only thing that I can think of is block system testing (i.e. making sure signals/switches work properly).
[quote author=Z link=topic=2169.msg16932#msg16932 date=1187727387]
That's what I was saying earlier... The Supras were problematic, but they didn't have a problem with the Tatras (TW6000), which I also stated looked very much like the SD series owned by UTA.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon ParkĀ 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
linearinduction Wrote: UTA Already knows the Clearances of the Trains (Freight, Passenger, and Commuter) since the System was Designed, so that wouldn't be why they have a Train Parked in Farmington.

Actually, according to the official Construction Updates e-mail I just got this morning, they have in fact been doing "Clearance testing" in Zone E (Area 2-4 to Area 3-5 [1500 S. Woods Cross to the Rest Area/Old Mill/Kaysville area]), and are in the process of "Baseline performance testing of vehicles" as of 8/15.

They'll be doing "wayside signal field and auto testing" this week, and "carborne testing" the week of the 27th (again, both in Zone E)

There ya have it.

P.S. -- Some updates to a couple other lingering questions (after talking with UTA)...

Hours/Days of Operation:
[quote author=DragonTamer link=topic=2169.msg16970#msg16970 date=1187801033]
Actually, according to the official Construction Updates e-mail I just got this morning, they have in fact been doing "Clearance testing" in Zone E (Area 2-4 to Area 3-5 [1500 S. Woods Cross to the Rest Area/Old Mill/Kaysville area]), and are in the process of "Baseline performance testing of vehicles" as of 8/15.

They'll be doing "wayside signal field and auto testing" this week, and "carborne testing" the week of the 27th (again, both in Zone E)

There ya have it.

P.S. -- Some updates to a couple other lingering questions (after talking with UTA)...

Hours/Days of Operation:
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon ParkĀ 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island