Rock U2 the Top
[quote author=knine link=topic=316.msg3107#msg3107 date=1126153309]
Rock U2 the Top is a complete an utter waste and has been since it first started.

Perhaps many of you don't remember the shows they had before.
How about we talk about Cedar Point's Live E Wall of Fame..............Broadway Stars, TV Stars, Movie Stars...............hmmmm, no Cruise Ship Cabaret Singers. I don't mean to take away anyone's glory, but many of Lagoon's Past Performers have gone onto Cruise Ships, Broadway Musicals (In the Chorus), Recording Contracts, etc. From reading knine's post, they seem a little bitter towards this show. I wonder if they auditioned and didn't get chosen. Rock U2 The Top is entering it's 11th Year, and for a show with so many complaints..........you'd think Lagoon would have pulled the plug on it. I doubt knine will ever read this, but Ron Died Just before the 1994 Season Started. As an FYI, Kelly Clarkson performed in an Industry Award Winning Show at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, if anyone was interested. Rock2007, do you happen to have a name?

- Sid
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I never once stopped at an entertainment venue in Cedar Point. I would have stopped at them, but I never heard anything about them from anyone. I'm friends with someone that goes there just about every week, and not once did he mention the entertainment. The rides at Cedar Point out-shine the entertainment apparantly. I guess it's a good thing Lagoon doesn't really have big coasters and rides to show up their entertainment. Plus Lagoon also placed the Rock U2 The Top stage right in the middle of the midway, so no matter what you're going to see it. I didn't even see a stage for a live performance at Cedar Point. Lagoon does a much better job getting the word out about their live performances.

I always watch Rock U2 The Top a few times a year, it's pretty good. I really liked the show that was performed in the Music USA theatre though, it was great last year. I'm really looking forward to Lagoon's shows this year. I had no idea that their past performers had gone onto broadway and even movies, that's great!

Mike 8)
mikecoolguy Wrote: I never once stopped at an entertainment venue in Cedar Point. I would have stopped at them, but I never heard anything about them from anyone. I'm friends with someone that goes there just about every week, and not once did he mention the entertainment. The rides at Cedar Point out-shine the entertainment apparantly. I guess it's a good thing Lagoon doesn't really have big coasters and rides to show up their entertainment. Plus Lagoon also placed the Rock U2 The Top stage right in the middle of the midway, so no matter what you're going to see it. I didn't even see a stage for a live performance at Cedar Point. Lagoon does a much better job getting the word out about their live performances.

I always watch Rock U2 The Top a few times a year, it's pretty good. I really liked the show that was performed in the Music USA theatre though, it was great last year. I'm really looking forward to Lagoon's shows this year. I had no idea that their past performers had gone onto broadway and even movies, that's great!

Mike 8)
Mike, you appearently didn't read any part of your Park Guide, See any of the Banners/Flags and Signs ALL OVER the Park advertising the "Award Winning Live Entertainment."
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
The problem with Rock is not the performers, it's the show. When people listen to it they expect to hear exactly how it sounds on the radio, performers have their own style so it will sound different. Also it is targeted for a youth audience, most of the youth that goes to lagoon would rather spend the day riding rides, not seeing shows, the people that want to see the shows are older crowds, and the music is not targeted at them. So the issue isn't whether the performers are talented or not, it's how well they can mimick a performer, and whether or not the show fits the demographics.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

^ Appearently it's fitting a demographic if Lagoon's been doing the show for so long and that other parks are beginning to do the same types of shows.
linearinduction Wrote: How about we talk about Cedar Point's Live E Wall of Fame..............Broadway Stars, TV Stars, Movie Stars...............hmmmm, no Cruise Ship Cabaret Singers. I don't mean to take away anyone's glory, but many of Lagoon's Past Performers have gone onto Cruise Ships, Broadway Musicals (In the Chorus), Recording Contracts, etc. From reading knine's post, they seem a little bitter towards this show. I wonder if they auditioned and didn't get chosen. Rock U2 The Top is entering it's 11th Year, and for a show with so many complaints..........you'd think Lagoon would have pulled the plug on it. I doubt knine will ever read this, but Ron Died Just before the 1994 Season Started. As an FYI, Kelly Clarkson performed in an Industry Award Winning Show at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, if anyone was interested. Rock2007, do you happen to have a name?

- Sid

Hey Im back! well hey that is awesome Cedar Point, Busch Gardens and Six Flags performers get so far. But the thing is Lagoon is a sepk in the dirt nationwide compared to all those parks you guys! that would be totally irrelevent to compare lagoon performers to those parks. Believe me being a past performer we hear alot about other park auditions, in fact alot of people go to thopse parks after lagoon. lagoon opens doors to improve you cant expect platinum seling artist to perform at lagoon sorry! but you need to give these people credit! about 800 to 1000 people audition for lagoon each year...20 make it. so if you cant belt a B flat while doing a triple purouette then I suggest you dont talk so much about lagoons "lack of talent" get up and audition if you like talking behind a computer!
Interesting that you would call lagoon a "sepk [speck] in the dirt nationwide" you tell us that you have been with entertainment for a while, ok, where did Mark and Christy get most of their talent, not from Utah. Also they no longer work for Lagoon, where did they go, they're not in Utah anymore. Lagoon is known nationwide, and other park owners, and entertainment directors have visited Lagoon. Lagoon didn't start looking at Utah talent again until Britney took over, plus with Utah being a large film industry you can't tell me that the performers are just a "sepk [speck] in the dirt". IMO
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

^ What do you mean by Utah being a large film industry? If you're talking about Sundance, then I guess you'd be right for 3 weeks out of the year. Otherwise Utah is a really small film industry. Hardly any movies are shot here. They have no instentive. NM offers %15 (I think it is) taxes for movies that are being shot there, plus other stuff that I can't remember. I also know that Wyoming and Colorado also have huge insentives toward the film industries to get them to shoot movies there. There's even a movie being shot right now in Colorado that's supposed to be based it Utah.

Anywho, I lied about not stopping at an entertainment venue at Cedar Point. I watched their diving show they have right by Wicked Twister. It was pretty good, the story line kind of sucked, but the diving was pretty cool. The water stadium thing was the only entertainment venue I saw in Cedar Point though. Lagoon's entertainment is really good for such a small, family owned park. Also, like I said before, it's really hard to miss their venues. With Rock U2 The Top right in the middle of the midway, it makes a great tourist trap.

Mike 8)
Um, mike... Utah has a pretty good film industry.