Rock U2 the Top
Utah isn't that bad of a movie industry, but when you compare us to surrounding states...we suck. When I went down to Sundance in PC we sat in line with some people from L.A. that were telling us about stuff like that. Then I came home and read the newspaper about the film industry in Utah and that's where I got all the stuff about New Mexico, Colorado, and Wyoming. They all give better insentives to shoot in their states than Utah does. The only movie I know of right now that's being shot in Utah is High School Musical 2. I might go try out as an extra for that because my sister's friend's boyfriend (long relation) is going to try and get us in....too bad I can't sing.

Mike 8)
mikecoolguy Wrote: Utah isn't that bad of a movie industry, but when you compare us to surrounding states...we suck. When I went down to Sundance in PC we sat in line with some people from L.A. that were telling us about stuff like that. Then I came home and read the newspaper about the film industry in Utah and that's where I got all the stuff about New Mexico, Colorado, and Wyoming. They all give better insentives to shoot in their states than Utah does. The only movie I know of right now that's being shot in Utah is High School Musical 2. I might go try out as an extra for that because my sister's friend's boyfriend (long relation) is going to try and get us in....too bad I can't sing.

Mike 8)
Sorry Mike... you are dead wrong here.
I really don't like to pick people's Posts apart, but since there were so many spelling errors, I can't resist.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
skwid Wrote: Interesting that you would call lagoon a "sepk [speck] in the dirt nationwide" you tell us that you have been with entertainment for a while, ok, where did Mark and Christy get most of their talent, not from Utah. Also they no longer work for Lagoon, where did they go, they're not in Utah anymore. Lagoon is known nationwide, and other park owners, and entertainment directors have visited Lagoon. Lagoon didn't start looking at Utah talent again until Britney took over, plus with Utah being a large film industry you can't tell me that the performers are just a "sepk [speck] in the dirt". IMO
Mark and Christy went to Disney with Glen and Todd. Britney Brown is an Incredible Person, I'm proud be able to call her a family friend.

mikecoolguy Wrote: Anywho, I lied about not stopping at an entertainment venue at Cedar Point. I watched their diving show they have right by Wicked Twister. It was pretty good, the story line kind of sucked, but the diving was pretty cool. The water stadium thing was the only entertainment venue I saw in Cedar Point though. Lagoon's entertainment is really good for such a small, family owned park. Also, like I said before, it's really hard to miss their venues. With Rock U2 The Top right in the middle of the midway, it makes a great tourist trap.

Mike 8)
I agree Mike, that's why I love the Outdoor Theaters.

Everyone lay off of mike, as he was given false info, can't blame him for that. Smile

With That, I officially put this thread out to pasture.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
I'm unlocking this topic again because I feel there is much more discussion to be had here.
^ Yes Sir.
Hey Hey all! Well I have never seen misinterpretation like this! I came onto this topic defending Performers, which I still am! I am not saying that Lagoon Performers could not be platinum selling artist. Im simply saying that Lagoon
I don't think anybody would venture to mock the performers.
^^ Rock2007, FYI, I've been defending Lagoon's Live E Department all along. Wink My only real gripe was a an old "Dead" topic being brought back to address an old discussion.
Rock, I have to agree with Z when he talks about the dance numbers being slightly embarassing. I have always heard of lagoon saying that it is a family park, and the Rock show (IMO) is not family oriented, it is something that I will not let my kids see. I may sound like a prude, but, if I don't let my kids see it on tv, why would I take them to a "family park" to see people grind on each other. I enjoyed the witches show during frightmares!, but I would not let my kids see it because of the costumes, and the content. I have done stage shows myself, and I would rather do community theatre three times a week instead of performing everyday in the hot sun, I respect the performers for that, I just won't take my family to the shows because of the content.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]