2008 Entertainment Schedule
D_3_WADE Wrote: I barely watch any of the shows all season just because i dont want to waste my time. And I most definitely will not be seeing anything with country.
Country Swing Jubilee will not be a Country Version of Rock U2 The Top, but in fact will be a Pioneer Village Main Street Type Show adapted for the Carousel Theater. Wink
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Still, I think many of us would rather ride rides than see shows. Rides are what Lagoon's all about.
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
^ I enjoy watching Rock U2 The Top when I go. Smile
Rubber Wrote: Still, I think many of us would rather ride rides than see shows. Rides are what Lagoon's all about.
You would actually be VERY incorrect in that assumption. There are people who come to lagoon ONLY to watch the Live Entertainment. Lagoon has had a LONG Tradition with Live Entertainment dating back to when there were no Rides at Lagoon. Wink Does Anyone else Remember the Lagoon Slogan "The Entertainment Experience?" Smile
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
I must agree.
When I was younger I thought watching the shows were a waste of time. But as I have gotten wiser (which comes with age) I see the value of having many different ways to entertain the guests. I think lagoon does well in balancing the rides with the entertainment. I would like to see more spontaneous entertainment throughout the park such as the Lagoon band or other street performers, even a barbershop quartet would be fun.

The nice thing about Lagoon is if you just like rides there are plenty of them and a very nice variety. Has anyone tried to ride all of the rides in one day on a busy Saturday? I tried once but had a late start and missed about 5 rides. On a busy Saturday though I enjoy watching the shows and not standing in lines all day. To each his own.

I am looking forward to this comming Saturday when the afternoon show in the Carousel Theater returns. I will be there watching and enjoying. I haven't been able to go to Lagoon for 3 weeks now due to family obligations (meaning wife had other plans for me), but I should be there most of the Weekends in May.
For Me, That's what Lagoon has Always been about, the Atmosphere! My Very First Memory of Lagoon is Walking Down the Midway after dark in front of the WK Train with Cotton Candy and all the Lights, Sounds, and Smells of the Park at Night. Smile I love sitting in front of the Castle at Disneyland and Watching the People, Street Cars, Automobiles, and Parents berating their Children for being Kids at Disneyland! Tongue