The Legendary Enemies/Lagoon and S&S Power
I know we have talked about this many, many times here on the forums but I can't find anything on it at all. The search isn't that good of a search. I can't remember why S&S Power says they won't work with Lagoon anymore after Rocket. Can anyone help me with this?
Reasons that any company won't work with another company... Money.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

Here is one reason that is at least as big as money
What are we doing for dinner?
Notserious

Actually my wife and I discovered what we believe to be the real reason behind the Lagoon and S&S bitterness.
^ Those bastards, I knew there was a real reason other than money and egos.

Ok, so here's the basics of what happened, as explained to me by Stan Checkett's in August of 2001.

Lagoon owed S&S over $200,000 for The Rocket.
Lagoon refused to pay.
S&S gave them notice to pay or S&S would take action.
Lagoon still refused to pay.
S&S Locked Lagoon out of the Control System.
Lagoon removed the Modems from the Control System.
S&S threatened to file a lawsuit against Lagoon.
Lagoon Finally Paid.
Lagoon was OVER 6 Months Late on the Payment.

As I understand it, with a Judges Order, S&S Could Literally have come in and taken possession of the Rocket. I've also heard this was not the first or last time Lagoon owed payments to Vendors and refused to pay.

Stan Checkett's said to me, "I will NEVER work with Lagoon again!"

One funny note, a few years later, Rocket was struck by lightening and Lagoon had to have S&S Remotely Reset the Control System, thus reconnecting the Modems to the Control System. I don't know if they are still connected or not.

S&S Has never had a problem with another customer refusing to pay. Even after Tower A on VertiGo at Cedar Point Failed, Cedar Fair did not "Blow Up." S&S offered to come in and remove VertiGo at Cedar Point and VertiGo at Knott's if Cedar Fair desired, at not expense to Cedar Fair. S&S removed both "Absolutely Insane" Rides (0001 & 0003) and replaced Knott's VertiGo with a Screamin Swing and gave Cedar Point a killer Deal on SkyHawk.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon ParkĀ 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Boring. The cone theory was much more entertaining. Tongue
I am the enemy.

Kyle Wrote: I am the enemy.

No, No, You are thinking of the Rides vs Games fight which peaked in 1989 when the two departments met in the parking lot to fight but was stopped by a big Mexican named Joe.

skwid Wrote: No, No, You are thinking of the Rides vs Games fight which peaked in 1989 when the two departments met in the parking lot to fight but was stopped by a big Mexican named Lloyd.

Fixed.