The Legendary Enemies/Lagoon and S&S Power
Okay, so did Lagoon have a reason to refuse to pay? Was there a disagreement on what that $200,000 was for, because I'm sure that wasn't the total cost.
Mr. Wrote: Boring. The cone theory was much more entertaining. Tongue
Isn't that the way it goes?

FS Wrote: Okay, so did Lagoon have a reason to refuse to pay? Was there a disagreement on what that $200,000 was for, because I'm sure that wasn't the total cost.
No. As I understand it, it was the Final Payment of the Total Cost of 3+ Million for the Rocket. Most rides are not paid for in one lump sum. When a Contract between a Park and Vendor is signed with the Agreed upon Price, there is usually a Payment Schedule as part of that Contract. There is usually a "Down Payment" made at the time the Contract is Signed, One with "Delivery," One when the Ride is "Completed," and one "Final Payment." I know the old Six Flags Management did their Roller Coaster Contracts with a "Down Payment," One when the ride was Half Finished, One when it was Completed, and one when the ride was Open successfully without problems. One of the reasons Arrow Dynamics went Bankrupt was that Six Flags refused to pay the Final Payment until Arrow got X Running Correctly. Of course the other was selling a 20+ Million Dollar ride for 14 Million. :-\
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Interesting stuff.
[quote author=Mr. LagoonIsFun link=topic=3943.msg33270#msg33270 date=1241308728]
Notserious

Actually my wife and I discovered what we believe to be the real reason behind the Lagoon and S&S bitterness.
Lagoon Wrote: S&s stands for safty and sucurety

What the heck? Spellcheck please!
President, LIF Missouri Chapter, lolHappy
Lagoon Wrote: S&s stands for safty and sucurety

We are aware of that. It was a joke.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

Also, as Reegster said, please use spellcheck!
Reegster Wrote: What the heck? Spellcheck please!

Sorry i am doing this from school computers so i dont have enough time to spell check
Well you obviously have enough time to post a bunch of BS about a 2010 roller coaster, so I would guess you have enough time to use spell check.
Lagoon Wrote: Sorry i am doing this from school computers so i dont have enough time to spell check

Maybe you should focus on school work when you are at school instead of messing around on the internet.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

hahaha no i get my work done then i mess around hahahaha