Poll: What do you think of the possible name for the new roller coaster?
This poll is closed.
I think it is great!
10.53%
10 10.53%
It is okay.
10.53%
10 10.53%
I do not like it.
8.42%
8 8.42%
I hate the name.
5.26%
5 5.26%
I have no opinion.
6.32%
6 6.32%
I could care less.
58.95%
56 58.95%
Total 95 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bombora?
Question 
Forum member Crossfire revealed a possible name for Lagoon's next roller coaster set to open next year for the 2011 season. If you have not followed the discussion regarding the new roller coaster, it will be a family roller coaster located next to Lagoon-A-Beach. The possible name for the roller coaster? Bombora.

Lagoon Is Fun has not been able to confirm that this is indeed the name of the new coaster, but it is still an interesting name for a roller coaster. You can read my post regarding the terminology of the name by clicking here.

What do you think of the possible name? Is it good or bad? Are you not sure? Could you care less? Well, here is your chance to cast a vote!

Poll will end on November 20, 2010.

Once you have voted, recommend this poll to your friends and family through Facebook!
[fblike]http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lagoonisfun.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ftid%3D3025[/fblike]
(11-06-2010, 03:45 AM)Will Wrote: Forum member Crossfire revealed a possible name for Lagoon's next roller coaster set to open next year for the 2011 season. If you have not followed the discussion regarding the new roller coaster, it will be a family roller coaster located next to Lagoon-A-Beach. The possible name for the roller coaster? Bombora.

Lagoon Is Fun has not been able to confirm that this is indeed the name of the new coaster, but it is still an interesting name for a roller coaster. You can read my post regarding the terminology of the name by clicking here.

What do you think of the possible name? Is it good or bad? Are you not sure? Could you care less? Well, here is your chance to cast a vote!

Poll will end on November 20, 2010.
Where is the Option for "Uncreative because they STOLE the name from Cowabunga Bay?" Laugh
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Personally I like the option of "I have no opinion" because if you didn't you would really do the poll would you?
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

(11-06-2010, 04:59 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Where is the Option for "Uncreative because they STOLE the name from Cowabunga Bay?" Laugh

If Bombora turns out to be the name of this new coaster, I would love to hear the story of how Lagoon chose to use that name. I would die laughing if I heard someone remark that it "came to them" while riding down a waterslide at Cowabunga Bay.

Weren't the rumors about the name Wicked that it was the favorite musical of Dave Freed's daughter? I don't know if that is true or not, but I think it is funny.

(11-06-2010, 09:17 PM)skwid Wrote: Personally I like the option of "I have no opinion" because if you didn't you would really do the poll would you?

I admit, it was my way of getting more people to vote! lol
I have a feeling that this won't end up being the actual name. Maybe it was considered, but...I don't know. We'll see!
(11-07-2010, 02:33 PM)Brad-n Wrote: I have a feeling that this won't end up being the actual name. Maybe it was considered, but...I don't know. We'll see!

If they already made the sign for it, (with surfboards,) they wouldn't waste it. I bet if they made a sign that accidentally said "Jet Start 2," they would use it because we all know how Lagoon doesn't like to waste everything.
Tongue 
Remember that names can change. We have seen evidence of that already with the construction of the Spider. Also, the only evidence that we have of the name is a post by Crossfire claiming to see a photo with the name spelled out using surfboards. I would not call that a "sign." Plus, while I hope that Crossfire is correct, the name is still just rumored until Lagoon confirms the name.
(11-08-2010, 11:08 AM)Will Wrote: Remember that names can change. We have seen evidence of that already with the construction of the Spider. Also, the only evidence that we have of the name is a post by Crossfire claiming to see a photo with the name spelled out using surfboards. I would not call that a "sign." Plus, while I hope that Crossfire is correct, the name is still just rumored until Lagoon confirms the name.
I'm gonna wait until the Official Name is Released Until I form an Official Opinion. Wink

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(11-08-2010, 11:08 AM)Will Wrote: Remember that names can change. We have seen evidence of that already with the construction of the Spider. Also, the only evidence that we have of the name is a post by Crossfire claiming to see a photo with the name spelled out using surfboards. I would not call that a "sign." Plus, while I hope that Crossfire is correct, the name is still just rumored until Lagoon confirms the name.

If they called it Beached Whale they wouldn't have a sign that says "Bombora."
(11-08-2010, 09:12 PM)Invisible Ink Wrote:

If they called it Beached Whale they wouldn't have a sign that says "Bombora."
Lagoon WILL NOT call the new coaster "Beached Whale," so please drop it. Wink

Spider is a great example of how names can change as the Original Name was "The Spider and The Fly." This is why the Trains/Cars are Themed as Flies and have the Different Name on them. I believe Lagoon made the correct decision when they dropped "and The Fly," Even though it was a GREAT Idea, most guests wouldn't understand the name and symbolism. It was best to keep it short and simple.

Many other parks have Changed names of Rides, such as SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment and Cedar Fair Entertainment Company.

Cheetah Hunt, at Busch Gardens Africa, was to originally be named Cheetaka, as they Filed for Trademark of that name months ago and Cheetah Hunt just Days before the Official Announcement. Furthermore there was NO Official Logo for weeks after the Announcement.

Windseeker, at Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Knott's Berry Farm, were to originally be named Straosoar. Smile