Lagoon-A-Beach Discussion Thread
This Thread is for all Lagoon-A-Beach Waterpark Discussion! Smile

Latest Lagoon-A-Beach News -
April, 2013: Lagoon has confirmed via their Facebook Page that Lagoon will be installing the Green Serpentine Slide from White Water West for 2013.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Some Posts to start some discussion. Smile

(04-12-2013, 05:33 PM)airracelover Wrote: I feel as if lagoon should get a new water slide that is more quote " exciting" something like seven peaks would get like a funnel slide or one with like a light show inside now I know that's a bit drastic but tell me what you think about lagoon doing more in lagoon-a-beach and update it a little tell me what you think

(04-12-2013, 08:29 PM)gregwibert Wrote:
airracelover Wrote:I feel as if lagoon should get a new water slide that is more quote " exciting" something like seven peaks would get like a funnel slide or one with like a light show inside now I know that's a bit drastic but tell me what you think about lagoon doing more in lagoon-a-beach and update it a little tell me what you think

Lagoon isnt as good at water attractions. I think they should:

A - convert LAB into more coasters.

B - Build a new LAB using modern filtration and uv sterilizers (and water heaters!)

C - Cowabunga knows what they are doing. Leave water parks up to the pros.

(04-13-2013, 03:07 AM)RCF Wrote: Haven't we killed that idea yet? LAB is not going to move anywhere. It is too expensive and would take too long. Although a new slide in itself would be nice, I would first like the slide they refurbished but never put back up. That was a really nice slide with the dips.

(04-13-2013, 05:57 AM)linearinduction Wrote:
(04-13-2013, 03:07 AM)RCF Wrote: Haven't we killed that idea yet? LAB is not going to move anywhere. It is too expensive and would take too long. Although a new slide in itself would be nice, I would first like the slide they refurbished but never put back up. That was a really nice slide with the dips.
Lagoon didn't take that Serpentine Slide down to "refurbish" it, as that is done while the slide is assembled. That slide must have been damaged in some way. Lagoon will be Installing the new Green Serpentine Slide from White Water West for 2013. As soon as the crews from White Water arrive at Lagoon, it should only take them a Week or so to get the Slide Assembled and Completed. I do know Lagoon met with White Water last year, which may have involved the existing replacement slide or for a new slide. Lagoon has been rumored to get a "bowl" slide for a few years now.

Most of the Slides at Seven Peaks are from AquaKita of Mexico and Waterfun Products of the USA. LAB on the other hand features slides from defunct NBGS International and White Water West. I believe Raging Wa.....Seven Peaks Salt Lake is exclusively NBGS International. I know the Huish's were offered Raging Waters YEARS ago and took a look at it. They simply thought it was a Dump, which it Still Is! In order to bring the park up to any HEG Standards, they would have had to replace EVERY Slide and I'm not even going to get into the Antiquated Water Filtration System.....if you could even call it "Water Filtration."
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
I meant to put a "C" in front of the Cowabunga bullet...oops...
(04-13-2013, 06:12 AM)linearinduction Wrote: This Thread is for all Lagoon-A-Beach Waterpark Discussion! Smile

April, 2013: Lagoon has confirmed via their Facebook Page that Lagoon will be installing the Green Serpentine Slid from White Water West for 2013.

A new slid? That sounds interesting. How does it compare to a slide?
(04-13-2013, 10:43 AM)Velcro Wrote:
(04-13-2013, 06:12 AM)linearinduction Wrote: This Thread is for all Lagoon-A-Beach Waterpark Discussion! Smile

April, 2013: Lagoon has confirmed via their Facebook Page that Lagoon will be installing the Green Serpentine Slid from White Water West for 2013.

A new slid? That sounds interesting. How does it compare to a slide?
Seven Peaks has "Slid"s, cheap slides, I was confused. Tongue
Lagoon A Beach still has one of the best lazy rivers i have ever been too. Boulder Beach was pretty awesome though.

Water parks are okay, I haven't ever been to one that is truely mind blowing.
(04-17-2013, 12:53 AM)Coasters Wrote: Lagoon A Beach still has one of the best lazy rivers i have ever been too. Boulder Beach was pretty awesome though.

Lagoon's Lazy River was Awesome when it was State of the Art in 1989. Boulder Beach's Lazy River I LOVED and Mandalay Bay's is pretty good too! Smile
(04-17-2013, 02:09 PM)linearinduction Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 12:53 AM)Coasters Wrote: Lagoon A Beach still has one of the best lazy rivers i have ever been too. Boulder Beach was pretty awesome though.

Lagoon's Lazy River was Awesome when it was State of the Art in 1989. Boulder Beach's Lazy River I LOVED and Mandalay Bay's is pretty good too! Smile

Cedar points were horrible.
(04-17-2013, 02:28 PM)Coasters Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 02:09 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Lagoon's Lazy River was Awesome when it was State of the Art in 1989. Boulder Beach's Lazy River I LOVED and Mandalay Bay's is pretty good too! Smile

Cedar points were horrible.
Action River is Fun and Fast, but Soak City is not a Themed Waterpark like LAB or Boulder Beach or Mandalay Bay. Wink
I disagree about lagoon a beaches lazy river it's way to shallow the floor is to rough and it just isn't fun no offence to any one who likes it :-)