Lagoon camping 2013
Last weekend i spent at lagoon in the campground, i really enjoyed it. Campground was clean and well kept no complaints, had small fire in a pit and had beer and enjoyed park during the day. Anyone else stayed there recent and there experiences?
I haven't stayed there since around 2001 or 2003. I don't think it's changed much, except the removal of a few trees and the new park exit (which I imagine is VERY nice when you have to go back to your campsite to get something or eat, etc). Being from out of state, I've often stayed there when making the trip just for Lagoon. It's always been very relaxing and quiet, even with the rides nearby. A lot of people complain about the noise of the rides when the park's open later, but I never had a problem with it.
(05-14-2013, 12:13 PM)Brad-n Wrote: I haven't stayed there since around 2001 or 2003. I don't think it's changed much, except the removal of a few trees and the new park exit (which I imagine is VERY nice when you have to go back to your campsite to get something or eat, etc). Being from out of state, I've often stayed there when making the trip just for Lagoon. It's always been very relaxing and quiet, even with the rides nearby. A lot of people complain about the noise of the rides when the park's open later, but I never had a problem with it.

In fact, I love it! When my family stayed there 1999-2001, my brother and I would often sleep in the open air. There's nothing quite like waking up to the sounds of Fire Dragon being tested or the lion roaring. It's great.
I haven't camped there since I was a kid. I told my wife earlier this year that we should spend a night or two there this year. If we end up doing that, I'll make sure to post my experience. Smile
(05-14-2013, 04:15 PM)Talor Wrote: In fact, I love it! When my family stayed there 1999-2001, my brother and I would often sleep in the open air. There's nothing quite like waking up to the sounds of Fire Dragon being tested or the lion roaring. It's great.

I agree. I remember one night we were laughing pretty hard at an employee who was having way too much fun on the Fire Dragon PA system, singing and goofing off, etc.
I think the last time Jardon and his Mom Stayed there was 2010. Smile
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I worked at lagoon the year that the employees threw a huge party in the campground and got banned for 10 years because of it. Lots of drunk people, and lots of noise, and lots of complaints; fun night, and lots of funny sounds and words coming out of tents.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

(05-15-2013, 05:18 PM)skwid Wrote: I worked at lagoon the year that the employees threw a huge party in the campground and got banned for 10 years because of it. Lots of drunk people, and lots of noise, and lots of complaints; fun night, and lots of funny sounds and words coming out of tents.
Sounds like a Normal Weekend in the Cedar Point Dorms, especially the Cedars! Laugh
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Its too bad Lagoon's Campground is not like Silverwoods, a real camp ground.
(05-16-2013, 10:32 AM)Coasters Wrote: Its too bad Lagoon's Campground is not like Silverwoods, a real camp ground.
Lagoon's Campground was a KOA, which makes it a REAL Campground. Wink