Do You Remember ...
The Tri-Star?

When I was a kid I remember that this was one of my favorite rides. I had to ride it whenever I was at the park, but nowadays I can no longer remember the ride and what it was like. So if any of you remember this old ride, please let me know what it was like.
If I remember correctly from what someone told me, the Tri Star was removed because of maintenence issues. Much like Speedway Sr. was and the Battle Boats. Some rides become such a pain that it's easier just to replace them than continue to work on them.

This is a little off topic but if you ask me, LOL, in regards to Speedway Sr. they took out one maintenence nightmare and put in another (Cliffhanger).
I wouldn't bet if Maintance wants Speedway back. Cliffhanger is the biggest piece of crap. I never got to work Speedway but Cliffhanger any has to be better!
I'm about to date myself, but oh well, I use to operate the tri-star it was like space scrambler with centenial cars that would raise to the same angle as samuari. It was about as dependable as carpet, personnally I like the samuari better than tri-star to ride. Although I did enjoy operating tri-star, there was a lot of different combos you could run it with (this was when manual mode was ok to use).
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

That description of the Tri Star sounds awesome, but I'm still drawing a blank memory wise. Anyone know of any pictures of Lagoon's Tri Star or a ride model like it?
http://groups.msn.com/FarmingtonStar/tristar.msnw
http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%20...istar.html
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

Wow! Thanks for the links to those pictures. I had somthing completely different in my mind. And now that I saw those I really want to ride that old ride again. Looks like a whole ton of fun.
This wonderful Castle Event?

I was working a closing shift on Castle one night in '99 and after I got back from break the person that releaved me pointed out that the pipe for the fire sprinkler system was leaking in the Loading area. I called the Sup on duty that day (Bryan) who came over and decided to pull on the pipe to "fix" it. This only made the leak worse and we used the wonderful rags that are used for cleaning to tie around the leak on the pipe so that we may be able to continue operations. The leak only got worse and the pipe eventually seperated spewing water from the loading area all the way to the ride exit. The ride was closed for the remainder of the evening of course and the water pretty much flooded the midway from Guest Services, up the stairs where the Bamburger Memorial is/was, and down the midway toward the buildings to the east of Castle. Fortunatly we had help from several crew leads and others who brought brooms and squegies to move the water to the drains. All in all an eventful night. Since then they have reinforced the pipe in the loading and unloading area. The cause of this in my opinion was many years of people hanging on the pipe.
lagoonfreek Wrote:This wonderful Castle Event?

I was working a closing shift on Castle one night in '99 and after I got back from break the person that releaved me pointed out that the pipe for the fire sprinkler system was leaking in the Loading area. I called the Sup on duty that day (Bryan) who came over and decided to pull on the pipe to "fix" it. This only made the leak worse and we used the wonderful rags that are used for cleaning to tie around the leak on the pipe so that we may be able to continue operations. The leak only got worse and the pipe eventually seperated spewing water from the loading area all the way to the ride exit. The ride was closed for the remainder of the evening of course and the water pretty much flooded the midway from Guest Services, up the stairs where the Bamburger Memorial is/was, and down the midway toward the buildings to the east of Castle. Fortunatly we had help from several crew leads and others who brought brooms and squegies to move the water to the drains. All in all an eventful night. Since then they have reinforced the pipe in the loading and unloading area. The cause of this in my opinion was many years of people hanging on the pipe.

I remember working that day when castel water pipe broke it was funny to see everyone running with brooms to castel. I was on sky coaster that day and that was the big topic
I'm not sure where I was when that happened. But let me think ... 1999 that would have been the year I was a Crew Lead in area 3 .... hmmmm .... nope I still can't think of where I was that day. But I do remember it being talked about for awhile that night out at the rides office.