Cannibal Discussion
(09-04-2014, 03:59 PM)Velcro Wrote: The Standard Examiner has a few additional things that I wanted to share for discussion:

Quote:By producing the track in state, Cannibal will have longer sections, which mean fewer joints. Fewer joints mean a smoother ride.

Quote:By making the announcement, Lagoon Advertising Manager Adam Leishman said the park hopes to end months of speculation. Officials wanted to officially make the announcement before the tower went up.

“It was really hard, there was a lot of speculation, a lot of it correct,” Leishman said. “We thought it would be the perfect time to let the cat out of the bag.”

Quote:o give more patrons a chance to try out the attraction, anyone who buys a season pass after Sept. 15, for the Frightmares season, can use the pass through the entire 2015 season, from March to October for $117.95 plus tax.

“This really will be an incredible coaster and we are so excited,” Freed said. “We feel it will hold its own against any roller coaster in the world.”

Finally, they had an awesome picture showing off some of the amazing theming this coaster will have:

[Image: Lagoon-Cannibal056-3_zps1b091480.jpg]
- Image source: Standard Examiner

This coaster will have an awesome viewing area! I can't wait to capture pictures from that spot!

You can read the entire article here and check out some additional photos: http://www.standard.net/Business/2014/09...-ride.html

So that viewing area you were talking about is that going to be an entrance to another section of the park for more rides
It's hard to say what the future holds, but I doubt more rides will end up out that direction. That is just part of what is currently the Double Thunder Raceway viewing area.
I've updated the first post in this topic to add the following renderings:

Rendering
Image courtesy of Lagoon

Rendering
Image courtesy of Lagoon

Rendering
Image courtesy of Lagoon
140' tall loop. Nice!
Here is another image for your enjoyment:

[Image: cannibalwater.png]
So the special element I am think is after the dive loop and the Safety Brake. I don't think its the dual barrel rolls since those are in the renderings that have been released.
Man, it's awesome that they unveiled the ride, but honestly, i wanted to see more of the roller coaster than just the back of the tower. Like, at least show us the front of it!! But anyway, i hear that they have finally stacked the 2nd section onto the first one. Anyone wanna get pictures of it?
If I'm looking at these pictures right, I don't see the 140' loop.
(09-04-2014, 07:21 PM)Coasters Wrote: So the special element I am think is after the dive loop and the Safety Brake. I don't think its the dual barrel rolls since those are in the renderings that have been released.
Considering it's a 3/4 Roll into a Reverse Barrel Roll, that is the yet to be named inversion and the first of it's kind.

(09-04-2014, 07:28 PM)Velcro Wrote: If I'm looking at these pictures right, I don't see the 140' loop.
I believe that would be the "Immelmann Inversion". Wink
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
This is going to be the tallest looping/inverting coaster in the US, isn't it? Unless you count Mr. Freeze, which technically has a track height of 218 feet, but you know it doesn't reach that height. The only other looping coaster in the world taller than Cannibal that I can find is Diving Coaster at Happy Valley in Shanghai, which is 213 feet. Speed at the Sahara hotel was also taller at a height of 224 feet, but just like Mr. Freeze, it didn't actually go that high. Depending on the underground tunnel, I guess this could have the longest drop on an inverting coaster.