Wishful Thinking: Holiday Event at Lagoon
Having just visited Silver Dollar City in Branson this weekend and seeing their Christmas festival in the park, I REALLY think Lagoon is missing out on a huge market. If they did light displays on the main midway with the trees, maybe a christmas overlay on Terrorride and Dracula's Castle and figure out a way to do a christmas show in the opera house and maybe Davis Pavillion, I think they'd make a killing.

Logistics would need to be changed to allow for annual maintenance needs for sure, but I think it should be something they should look into. The best part is they could scale it up from year to year attraction and admission price-wise.
They honestly should. They could offer so much with just the midway and PV open to public if done right. They could have a show in the theater, have only the Carousel open, offer ice skating on top of the water fountain, make a man-made slope for sledding, offer an up-charge guided tour of the rest of Lagoon to see how things are done in the off-season, (with hints of what would be coming the next year,) have Pioneer Village be retrofitted into Santa's Village, include reindeer, have a spectacular light display, have Central Park Gifts and Fantastic be walk through attractions showing off different scenes like The Nutcracker or A Christmas Story, and make admission 20 easy to cover the costs. People are willing to pay 25 to drive through a parking lot with lights anyway, so it shouldn't be hard at 20 per person if they offered enough.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
What? Where are they charging $25 to drive through a parking lot of lights? That sounds ridiculous.

Some good ideas there. I would just put ice skating elsewhere.
(12-12-2016, 10:30 AM)Brăden Wrote: What? Where are they charging $25 to drive through a parking lot of lights? That sounds ridiculous.

Some good ideas there. I would just put ice skating elsewhere.

http://christmasincolor.net/kearns/

Went to this over the weekend.  Paid $32 at the gate (1 vehicle)  It was repetitive, after 5-10 mins it's all the same thing. Kids had fun though.

Would have preferred walking Lagoon's midway and going on a couple of rides.
(12-12-2016, 11:20 AM)acefreely44 Wrote: http://christmasincolor.net/kearns/

Went to this over the weekend.  Paid $32 at the gate (1 vehicle)  It was repetitive, after 5-10 mins it's all the same thing. Kids had fun though.

Would have preferred walking Lagoon's midway and going on a couple of rides.
And the line to get in is often down the street, so people are willing to pay for that.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
I don't think they would even need to have any rides running. I mean trying to fit into restraints with large coats on would suck. It would be like Zoo Lights at Hogle Zoo, people aren't going to see the animals, the main reason for a Zoo, they are there for the lights. Same would be for Lagoon. Cool light displays on the main midway and even PV. PV would be hard if it was a bad winter though since no vehicles are allowed to drive on the brick and I know I wouldn't want to shovel out main street. The one year I dug out Tidal Wave and baby boats out of the snow was enough lol.

I think this could be a great thing for Lagoon to do.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
I would have fun with just lights all around the midway and maybe a few other festive displays. Serve hot chocolate and treats at some of the stalls. I'd love to get a Beaver Tail and a hot chocolate right now! I do enjoy the idea of a show at Carousel Theater too.
I agree. The Beaver Tails are much more appetizing when it's not 90°. I think just a simple celebration for a few weekends would be sufficient.
Agreed. Lights, music, food and hot chocolate would be awesome enough for me.
I was just thinking. Maybe the first Christmas event they had was cursed because they didn't celebrate Hanukkah as well. Lagoon was founded by a Jewish man.