Wishful Thinking: Holiday Event at Lagoon
LOL. Oh boy. Happy
(12-15-2016, 02:09 PM)Brăden Wrote: I was just thinking. Maybe the first Christmas event they had was cursed because they didn't celebrate Hanukkah as well. Lagoon was founded by a Jewish man.

Bam! was also Governor of Utah and owned a railroad AND has a fountain named after him at Lagoon.  Happy
Just curious.... what has Lagoon done in the past for Christmas?
(12-15-2016, 10:05 PM)acefreely44 Wrote: Just curious.... what has Lagoon done in the past for Christmas?

Unless I'm forgetting, nothing.  Ever since I've known the park (40 years give or take), they've just been closed.

There was a movie filmed in PV one winter, but that's it.
(12-15-2016, 10:05 PM)acefreely44 Wrote: Just curious.... what has Lagoon done in the past for Christmas?
-There was a Pioneer Village Christmas event held in the early '90s.
-In the middle of summer in 2015 they decorated a bunch of the games with Christmas stuff and had Christmas prizes for a couple weeks or so. Glad they didn't do it again this year.
-I've also seen Christmas ornaments and Christmas Lagoon pins for sale in the gift shops.
-They still hang a giant star from Sky Coaster.
-They send out Christmas cards to employees.
-Some (maybe all?) year-round employees get a Christmas ham or their choice of something else.

That's all I can think of. Smile
One thing I miss is the Light up Santa and reindeer on Fire Dragon. It would be cool to hang that on Wicked or on West curve of Roller Coaster even.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(12-16-2016, 09:58 AM)Brăden Wrote: -There was a Pioneer Village Christmas event held in the early '90s.
-In the middle of summer in 2015 they decorated a bunch of the games with Christmas stuff and had Christmas prizes for a couple weeks or so. Glad they didn't do it again this year.
-I've also seen Christmas ornaments and Christmas Lagoon pins for sale in the gift shops.
-They still hang a giant star from Sky Coaster.
-They send out Christmas cards to employees.
-Some (maybe all?) year-round employees get a Christmas ham or their choice of something else.

That's all I can think of. Smile

Oh yeah, forgot about the hams. Funny that they still do that all these years later.

I think they handed out Christmas cards to the kids during Frightmares this year, too... think in the Straw Maze, but may have been Spook-a-boo
Oh yeah, they did. We've been finding them all over the park ever since. They are postcards with overdramatized illustrations of Lagoon covered in snow and Christmas lights.
I believe those cards started in 2008 when they had that weird cartoon of Lagoon showing OdySea attack Wicked.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Here's a little article about the Christmas event at Lagoon in 1994. Enjoy...

A Pioneer Holiday At Lagoon