Lagoon Improvements
I think they may have time this off-season, even though the beer garden will be one of the main priorities. I'm sure they will also be busy working on the new ride, hydro luge is almost completely removed. Will posted my pics on FB of it from yesterday.
(07-18-2018, 02:47 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I'm fairly certain the work Dracula's is already well underway.

What do you mean by that? Just curious, because I'm not an expert on the ride.

When I was talking with my mom today, said that Dracula's tunnel used to spin in different directions, making it seem like you were tilting. I didn't see that. Did that actually happen or is she crazy? Wink
(07-18-2018, 04:17 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: What do you mean by that? Just curious, because I'm not an expert on the ride.

When I was talking with my mom today, said that Dracula's tunnel used to spin in different directions, making it seem like you were tilting. I didn't see that. Did that actually happen or is she crazy? Wink

It's true and it can still spin manually. Lagoon has the motor(s) either turned off or completely removed. I heard they turned off the rotation because people touch the sides of the tunnel when it spins but they don't touch it when it is stationary.
(07-18-2018, 04:17 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: What do you mean by that? Just curious, because I'm not an expert on the ride.

I have no 'inside' information just my own observations and speculation. First of all I'm positive Lagoon knows exactly how bad of shape the castle is in. Also the fact they have done little to no repairs or upgrades to the ride in the past couple of years tells me they are planning a major overhaul. I think the painting of the exterior was their first step in the rides redo. Lagoon has developed a great partnership with Joseph Wartnerchaney who would be the perfect person to help with the project. Lastly from the rumors going around 2020 is the year for their next big addition making this coming year a reasonable time to fit that project in. Anyway just my thoughts.