The Lost History of Saltair -A Book and Documentary Project
(05-28-2020, 06:35 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Did you see the two videos Toy Man Television did this week about Saltair?  I haven't had time to sit down & watch them yet, but I'm always a big fan of Dale & Karyn's videos, so hoping to soon.

I haven't yet. They make good content. I'll go check them out now. I met Karyn out at Promontory last year but didn't have chance to talk to Dale though he was filming else where at the time.

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
Not bad videos. Not the best they have done but better than most on Saltair. They had inaccuracies in their facts, but so does the State Historical Society. The Fire was on April 22, 1925, he claimed it was April 15, 1927 so a little bit off. He claimed they had a loop the loop roller coaster and that is false they never did. I do know where he probably got that "fact" but I've heavily researched into it as my first thought was that as well but I have discovered what it really was. It was called Loop the Loop but it was not a roller coaster. They had several carousels over the resorts lifetime and not just one like he mentioned.  He also mentioned that Saltair 2 was built slightly farther back and that is inaccurate as well It was built on the same pier and pilings as the original. The pier was cement by the time the fire happened, which saved the pier from burning down to the water level and allowed Saltair 2 to be built. Saltair 2's pavilion was slightly larger but still fit on the same pilings. His info was off about the Giant Racer II but so is everybody's info on it lol.

In his 2nd video on the Saltair 1893 plans.... uh no those are not the 1893 plans. I have a Sanborn Fire Insurance map from 1898, which is the oldest one that exists of the resort. There are many things on his plans that weren't there in 1893 and I'll tell ya in my book what year his plans are from.  But I can assure you they are not from 1893 but I would love to have that in my collection however.

I hate to sound nit picky and a know it all. I don't mean to sound like that. Saltair is a huge passion project for me and I've done immense research into the resort and when facts are told incorrectly, I do get a little worked up about it. So sorry if I sound like a know it all jerk, I don't mean to or want to be heard like that. I am writing my book to finally set the facts straight on Saltair and hopefully correct some of the false narratives about the resort. As I like to say, most peoples "facts" are just opinions that have been around for so long people believe they are true.

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
(05-28-2020, 10:53 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Not bad videos. Not the best they have done but better than most on Saltair. They had inaccuracies in their facts, but so does the State Historical Society. The Fire was on April 22, 1925, he claimed it was April 15, 1927 so a little bit off. He claimed they had a loop the loop roller coaster and that is false they never did. I do know where he probably got that "fact" but I've heavily researched into it as my first thought was that as well but I have discovered what it really was. It was called Loop the Loop but it was not a roller coaster. They had several carousels over the resorts lifetime and not just one like he mentioned.  He also mentioned that Saltair 2 was built slightly farther back and that is inaccurate as well It was built on the same pier and pilings as the original. The pier was cement by the time the fire happened, which saved the pier from burning down to the water level and allowed Saltair 2 to be built. Saltair 2's pavilion was slightly larger but still fit on the same pilings. His info was off about the Giant Racer II but so is everybody's info on it lol.

In his 2nd video on the Saltair 1893 plans.... uh no those are not the 1893 plans. I have a Sanborn Fire Insurance map from 1898, which is the oldest one that exists of the resort. There are many things on his plans that weren't there in 1893 and I'll tell ya in my book what year his plans are from.  But I can assure you they are not from 1893 but I would love to have that in my collection however.

I hate to sound nit picky and a know it all. I don't mean to sound like that. Saltair is a huge passion project for me and I've done immense research into the resort and when facts are told incorrectly, I do get a little worked up about it. So sorry if I sound like a know it all jerk, I don't mean to or want to be heard like that. I am writing my book to finally set the facts straight on Saltair and hopefully correct some of the false narratives about the resort. As I like to say, most peoples "facts" are just opinions that have been around for so long people believe they are true.
I believe accuracy is important.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(05-28-2020, 10:53 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Not bad videos. Not the best they have done but better than most on Saltair. They had inaccuracies in their facts, but so does the State Historical Society. The Fire was on April 22, 1925, he claimed it was April 15, 1927 so a little bit off. He claimed they had a loop the loop roller coaster and that is false they never did. I do know where he probably got that "fact" but I've heavily researched into it as my first thought was that as well but I have discovered what it really was. It was called Loop the Loop but it was not a roller coaster. They had several carousels over the resorts lifetime and not just one like he mentioned.  He also mentioned that Saltair 2 was built slightly farther back and that is inaccurate as well It was built on the same pier and pilings as the original. The pier was cement by the time the fire happened, which saved the pier from burning down to the water level and allowed Saltair 2 to be built. Saltair 2's pavilion was slightly larger but still fit on the same pilings. His info was off about the Giant Racer II but so is everybody's info on it lol.

I am the same way about DeLorean's... It drives me nuts when people ask if I have found the Cocaine in my car yet and the never ending "Does it have a Flux capacitor" Yes I like the BttF movies, but it's not what I enjoy about my car!
(05-29-2020, 06:42 PM)DeLorean Wrote: I am the same way about DeLorean's... It drives me nuts when people ask if I have found the Cocaine in my car yet and the never ending "Does it have a Flux capacitor" Yes I like the BttF movies, but it's not what I enjoy about my car!
You bought a DeLorean and you are upset about Cocaine, Flux Capacitor, and BTTF remarks? That's like buying a Lambo Hurucan or McLaren and wondering why you are targeted by the police. You knew what you were getting into bruv!

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(05-29-2020, 06:42 PM)DeLorean Wrote: I am the same way about DeLorean's... It drives me nuts when people ask if I have found the Cocaine in my car yet and the never ending "Does it have a Flux capacitor" Yes I like the BttF movies, but it's not what I enjoy about my car!
 Does it have a mister fusion lol.

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
(05-29-2020, 05:54 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I believe accuracy is important.

Yes it is. There is such misinformation about Saltair. My book and documentary will fix that.

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
3 days ago on June 5th, 2020 the 150th anniversary of Utah's first Great Salt Bathing Resort, the Lake Side Resort. This resort would be the one to start the bathing resort craze and that would eventually spawn Lagoon and Saltair.

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts
Did you see that a fire started near Saltair and burned up some of the tracks or what ever was there?
(06-08-2020, 11:52 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Did you see that a fire started near Saltair and burned up some of the tracks or what ever was there?

That wasnt Saltair. It was over by Lucin on the west side of the lake. It burned some tressels built 150 years ago for the Transcontinental Railroad. Still a big loss of history regardless.

Utah Coaster Enthusiasts