Counting down to Lagoon's 2018 season
I'm thinking March 24th will be opening day this year. If that turns out to be true that means we have 48 days until Lagoon is open again. I'm itching to head to the park again. I keep looking at it longingly as I drive past to and from work.
(02-03-2018, 01:08 AM)Willenator Wrote: I'm thinking March 24th will be opening day this year. If that turns out to be true that means we have 48 days until Lagoon is open again. I'm itching to head to the park again. I keep looking at it longingly as I drive past to and from work.

A Lagoon opening at the end of March or early April  does seem quite possible, if the weather keeps going the way it's been so far the past few months ('cause wow, what a complete reversal from last year at this same time, huh?).
(02-03-2018, 10:03 AM)Gregory Wrote: A Lagoon opening at the end of March or early April  does seem quite possible, if the weather keeps going the way it's been so far the past few months ('cause wow, what a complete reversal from last year at this same time, huh?).
It's going to make for a rough summer.

I'm ready for the park to be open though.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(02-03-2018, 10:37 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: It's going to make for a rough summer.

Yeah, we've already have some of our local elected officials down here in Utah County tossing the word "drought" around for a little while.
I can't wait to get back! I won't be there opening day (sadly,) but hopefully around May or June!!! I live about 4 hours away, and it can get hard to get there some times.
1st year getting season passes. My kids are super stoked. Is there a day before opening day that pass holders can go in and get their passes before?
You can buy passes on there web page and also in person at the annex.
(02-05-2018, 01:20 PM)DeLorean Wrote: 1st year getting season passes. My kids are super stoked. Is there a day before opening day that pass holders can go in and get their passes before?

You can call Lagoon to see if they have the card stock for this season. They take season pass photos inside the Annex right up to opening day.
We already have our season passes purchased... I just didn't know if there was a day in advance that we could go up and take care of business so that the day they do open we can get right in vs having to wait with everyone else.
Maybe that's something that they should do. A passholder day just like DL does. A day that we can come in just for us. A tour/ride day for season passholders.
Which would be cool/nice cause they wouldn't need to have all of the rides open, but they could do the south end from hours from ____ to ___ and then switch to the north end for the rest of the opened hours.
Just saying... I think that there is a lot of missed opportunities.
(02-05-2018, 07:36 PM)DeLorean Wrote: We already have our season passes purchased... I just didn't know if there was a day in advance that we could go up and take care of business so that the day they do open we can get right in vs having to wait with everyone else.
Maybe that's something that they should do. A passholder day just like DL does. A day that we can come in just for us. A tour/ride day for season passholders.
Which would be cool/nice cause they wouldn't need to have all of the rides open, but they could do the south end from hours from ____ to ___ and then switch to the north end for the rest of the opened hours.
Just saying... I think that there is a lot of missed opportunities.

I'd just like to see a winter tour with the proceeds going to a charity like Cedar Fair does. Most people around here that go are season pass holders so a special day would not really be anything special.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West