Counting down to Lagoon's 2018 season
(02-19-2018, 10:36 AM)DeLorean Wrote: I hope that this snow doesn't push back the opening date

Nah.  Snow is the default winter condition, so they plan as if the Winter will be snowy.  The fact that it hasn't been has just been a bonus, meaning they're probably already way further along on external plans than expected.  Besides, this snow will be gone in a few days.

Plus, it's not like snow stops opening, either.  I've used a snow shovel as part of opening a ride for the day on more than one occasion. Wink
Yeah with the warm weather until now I'm sure there ahead of schedule. Years ago they had snow most the winter and still got stuff done.
At least they had the inner circle of the fountain put back together!
Can't wait to see the new trains! Hopefully they are operating by open, but this is Lagoon we are talking about.
(02-19-2018, 11:14 PM)RCF Wrote: Can't wait to see the new trains! Hopefully they are operating by open, but this is Lagoon we are talking about.

Win

Ahhhh
There was a lot of activity today some the fountain. Multiple cars and people walking around.
(02-22-2018, 11:42 PM)DeLorean Wrote: There was a lot of activity today some the fountain. Multiple cars and people walking around.

Is roller coaster still covered?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
We need to narrow down a list of what we think (know?) is happening at Lagoon for 2018. I'm curious if I'm missing something because I feel like there hasn't been a whole lot of rumors coming out for this year. This means either Lagoon is getting better at hiding stuff from us or there isn't a whole lot going on for 2018. Here is my start to the list. Add to it if I've missed something or correct me if you think something shouldn't be on the list.

1. Centennial Screamer moving to the North End
2. New trains on Roller Coaster (is this confirmed or still rumored?)
3. New bathrooms on the South end of the park (possible late opening similar to new north bathrooms during 2017)
4. Possible renovation of Dracula's Castle

That's all I can think of so far.
(02-23-2018, 12:41 AM)Willenator Wrote: We need to narrow down a list of what we think (know?) is happening at Lagoon for 2018. I'm curious if I'm missing something because I feel like there hasn't been a whole lot of rumors coming out for this year. This means either Lagoon is getting better at hiding stuff from us or there isn't a whole lot going on for 2018. Here is my start to the list. Add to it if I've missed something or correct me if you think something shouldn't be on the list.

3. New bathrooms on the South end of the park (possible late opening similar to new north bathrooms during 2017)

It’s a slow year. They can’t hide anything from us! Bwahahaha
(02-23-2018, 12:41 AM)Willenator Wrote: We need to narrow down a list of what we think (know?) is happening at Lagoon for 2018. I'm curious if I'm missing something because I feel like there hasn't been a whole lot of rumors coming out for this year. This means either Lagoon is getting better at hiding stuff from us or there isn't a whole lot going on for 2018. Here is my start to the list. Add to it if I've missed something or correct me if you think something shouldn't be on the list.

We've obviously got Hydro being gone, but that's really not a "new" thing for 2018... just something that's changed.  Didn't we hear that they're doing upgrades in the Campground as well?

Did Wartnerchaney put together the entertainment last year?  I saw that he's doing the shows this year, but I can't remember if that was the case last year or not (mea culpa, I suck at following the Entertainment stuff), or if that's a new spin on Lagoon's relationship with him.