Lagoon Radio Station...
For the last few years I have thought Lagoon starting its own Radio Station would be cool. Not a real station but it would just be broadcast with in the part and not over the air.

The idea would be it mostly plays music as the park does now anyway but they could have DJ's or hosts and they could go around the park doing interviews or having live giveaways and such.

What do you guys think of that idea? I think it would be something that would be fun to do on the busier days and not necessarily something conducted on a daily basis.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
I like the idea for busier days. It might help keep people that are waiting in line appeased. Sometimes the lines get really long on the North end.

I also think it wouldn't be a huge deal to find aspiring students from Weber State University to fill the roles as DJ / interviewer / etc.
(02-26-2018, 04:23 PM)gregwibert Wrote: I like the idea for busier days. It might help keep people that are waiting in line appeased. Sometimes the lines get really long on the North end.

I also think it wouldn't be a huge deal to find aspiring students from Weber State University to fill the roles as DJ / interviewer / etc.

They just need to bring back the Lagoon Marching Band.  The park hasn't been the same without them!
I remember back in the day when the park just played smooth jazz over the speakers. I actually liked it. I think this is a cool idea though. Get guest interaction and add a little more fun to the day.
We all know how line DJs worked out at Cedar Point....they are now food vending machines.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-31-2018, 09:46 PM)Maverick Wrote: I remember back in the day when the park just played smooth jazz over the speakers.  I actually liked it.  I think this is a cool idea though.  Get guest interaction and add a little more fun to the day.

I liked it too. Even though I wouldn't listen to that music regularly, it gave Lagoon a distinct atmosphere during the day.
(04-01-2018, 01:09 PM)linearinduction Wrote: We all know how line DJs worked out at Cedar Point....they are now food vending machines.

That's sad. I enjoyed the DJs back in the day.
(04-01-2018, 06:18 PM)Willenator Wrote: That's sad. I enjoyed the DJs back in the day.
Yeah, but that was a time before you could be your own DJ on your phone.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(04-01-2018, 07:19 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Yeah, but that was a time before you could be your own DJ on your phone.

Very true.
(04-01-2018, 07:19 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Yeah, but that was a time before you could be your own DJ on your phone.

I wish my phone would be my own Food Vending Machine! WHEN IS THAT GOING TO HAPPEN, SID!  Laugh