Lagoon trail
Just wondering if anyone knows the details of the lagoon trail?  For example when it was built, how long it is, cost etc.
(03-14-2018, 01:48 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Just wondering if anyone knows the details of the lagoon trail?  For example when it was built, how long it is, cost etc.

I don't know exactly, but I do know that a bunch of it follows the old Pioneer Village Railroad route, so it was built sometime after LAB was built and the PVRR was removed. I believe the bridge with the upper trusses was one that the PVRR crossed, and if you feel the surface of the trusses you can tell where the steam from the train hit it repeatedly. The random zoo enclosure on the trail that you can't see from anywhere inside the park used to be one of the exhibits on the PVRR.
Twirling Ribbons 
(03-14-2018, 02:25 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I don't know exactly, but I do know that a bunch of it follows the old Pioneer Village Railroad route, so it was built sometime after LAB was built and the PVRR was removed. I believe the bridge with the upper trusses was one that the PVRR crossed, and if you feel the surface of the trusses you can tell where the steam from the train hit it repeatedly. The random zoo enclosure on the trail that you can't see from anywhere inside the park used to be one of the exhibits on the PVRR.

The zoo exhibit that says Buffalo when they are Bison! That sign bugs me every time I walk the trail!
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
Oh, I just remembered. The bridge on the trail near Rattlesnake Rapids is just like the bridge into the station of Rattlesnake Rapids, so they were probably built at the same time... 1997ish
Twirling Ribbons 
It looks like it was initially planned in 1991 to be built in phases. Lagoon agreed to build the trail in exchange for part of Lagoon lane from the city:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/2960...LKERS.html

The first phase, from the old back entrance to hydro-luge opened in 1993:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/2852...AGOON.html

I can't find specifics on when the rest of the trail opened but I'm still guessing 1997ish.
Twirling Ribbons 
Jetstar 2 good work on finding all that info, how long is it though?
(03-14-2018, 06:43 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Jetstar 2 good work on finding all that info, how long is it though?

1.1 miles from the campground entrance to over by hydro-luge according to Google Earth path measurements.
Twirling Ribbons 
Yes, the north portion was built around 1994.
Both bridges were from the PVRR. The taller one near the station and the shorter one on the north side of Log Flume.
Shane, it was built by intergalactic time travelers from the planet Vulcan. They drove DeLoreans and wore yellow radiation suits. "When" it was built doesn't really matter, since they're time travelers.  Tongue