Lagoon GP
I'm not one to pick on somebody cause they are a GP (General Public) but I heard the worse thing a couple of mouths back this is what they said: "One day the wild mouse tipped over and everyone died" What is the worse thing you heard by the Lagoon GP?
Wants 2 go 2 Busch Gardens     
Tampa and Virginia
Or any West Coast Theme park  Frown               

Ooh!  I've never worked at Lagoon and have no links to the industry. I just pay to go on rides. That makes me part of the general public (GP).

I heard this one time they sent Roller Coaster down the wrong track and a guy's head got cut off.
Twirling Ribbons 
(03-21-2018, 07:07 PM)Spider003 Wrote: I'm not one to pick on somebody cause they are a GP (General Public) but I heard the worse thing a couple of mouths back this is what they said: "One day the wild mouse tipped over and everyone died" What is the worse thing you heard by the Lagoon GP?
I'm willing to bet my life Ian, Will, and others here have heard a version of "I paid X Amount of $...you are saying my kid can't ride? My brat is going to ride that ride!I know the owner of the park and I'm going to have you fired!"

(03-21-2018, 07:49 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Ooh!  I've never worked at Lagoon and have no links to the industry. I just pay to go on rides. That makes me part of the general public (GP).

I heard this one time they sent Roller Coaster down the wrong track and a guy's head got cut off.
I would classify the "GP" as those with no passion or interest in the Amusement Industry. Luke, PLEASE tell me that's a true story!!! Hahaha!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Once in line for Air Race I heard... "A guy was smoking on this and it burnt down."
(03-21-2018, 10:45 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I'm willing to bet my life Ian, Will, and others here have heard a version of "I paid X Amount of $...you are saying my kid can't ride? My brat is going to ride that ride!I know the owner of the park and I'm going to have you fired!"

Of course you have to deal with self-righteous ****heads. They're everywhere, especially in Utah. They act like that to their waiters, store cashiers, kid's teachers, ride ops, and anybody else who they expect reverence from. I can see why you might think of the GP as self-righteous ****heads, because they're the ones who are going to interrupt you to demand you do things. But there's a whole bunch of other GP just having fun, letting you do your job and talking among themselves about roller coasters jumping tracks.

(03-21-2018, 10:45 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I would classify the "GP" as those with no passion or interest in the Amusement Industry. Luke, PLEASE tell me that's a true story!!! Hahaha!

I like the dumb stories and misunderstandings of everything at amusement parks. Sometimes you want to psych out your friends and tell them about all the (made up) accidents that have happened on the ride you're about to go on. Rides aren't meant to be fully understood by the people riding them, they're meant to do the unexpected.  I'm in to the whole GP thing, it seems like a pretty important element of a park.

And yeah, I read that story on the internet, so ya know, it's true.

(03-22-2018, 01:44 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Once in line for Air Race I heard... "A guy was smoking on this and it burnt down."

I love that he thinks of it in terms of a building and not a machine.
Twirling Ribbons 
(03-22-2018, 01:44 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Once in line for Air Race I heard... "A guy was smoking on this and it burnt down."

LOL, wouldn't this statement be more appropriate around a wooden ride (Not fire resistant METAL) like Roller Coaster?  Laugh Laugh Laugh
(03-22-2018, 05:38 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Of course you have to deal with self-righteous ****heads. They're everywhere, especially in Utah. They act like that to their waiters, store cashiers, kid's teachers, ride ops, and anybody else who they expect reverence from.

That's very true.  I used to work retail here in Utah, but got out of it because of all the idiots...er, customers who took the whole concept of "the customer is always right" to its most absolute and literal interpretation (as I tell people, when you actually start imagining doing that Darth Vadar Force choke hold on customers, it's time to consider a career change; I now work production - it's a lot more boring, but at least I'm not constantly pulling out what hair I've got left).

I haven't heard too much of crazy Lagoon stuff out of the "rumor mill"; most of what I have heard is here on LIF in threads like this - mostly the "Have you heard about that old rumor that someone was killed on Wild Mouse?" type of thing.  The only real amusement park rumor that I can recall having encountered outside of the LIF website was the old "Six Flags is building an amusement park in Pleasant Grove" rumor.