Bakery Fresh - New for 2018
(04-29-2018, 12:17 AM)1stRainbowRose Wrote: Husband made a good point in that part of Carousel Candy will likely be the type of things the bakery used to offer.

That's a good observation. It will be interesting to see what Carousel Candy ends up offering. I will miss the cookies the Bakery had, but I do like the fact that there is a healthier food stand now.
(04-28-2018, 11:36 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: This is how Pioneer Village dies. I'm not a fan of this.

Dramatic Much? lol The Bakery, Arby's/General Store, Ice Cream Shop, Music Hall, PV Pizza/Grandma Christie's, Pony Express Museum/Swig were purpose built, so it's not sacrilegious. Besides, I thought you were of the opinion of breathing new life into the Village?

(04-29-2018, 12:17 AM)1stRainbowRose Wrote: The sign is so tacky, and doesn't match PV at all. Plus, why get rid of the sweet goodies? Like, I am excited for their offerings, and for more food choices, but... Why not replace extra Arby's by the Opera house?

Edit: Husband made a good point in that part of Carousel Candy will likely be the type of things the bakery used to offer.

Yes, the sign is absolutely jarring and doesn't match PV at all. Arby's was very well integrated into the village. Have you ever visited the Oprea House Arby's? Lines out the Door on Weekends. Also, once you go inside Bakery Fresh, you will totally understand why the Bakery was chosen.

(04-29-2018, 12:46 AM)Willenator Wrote: That's a good observation. It will be interesting to see what Carousel Candy ends up offering. I will miss the cookies the Bakery had, but I do like the fact that there is a healthier food stand now.
I'm wondering if Midway Munchies/Whack-A-Mole/ICEE Mix It Up is not on the chopping block for the next rennovation. Seems as though Carousel Candy might be selling many of the same products, and heaven knows that corner is due for an update.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(04-29-2018, 01:11 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I'm wondering if Midway Munchies/Whack-A-Mole/ICEE Mix It Up is not on the chopping block for the next rennovation. Seems as though Carousel Candy might be selling many of the same products, and heaven knows that corner is due for an update.

Considering that Carousel Candy is being operated by Merchandise and not Foods, I'm guessing it's not going to overlap/compete with Midway Munchies.  Sounds like it's going to be a fun place, though... hopefully we'll find out in a few weeks!

Got a chance to try one of the salads today, by the way (the "Life Elevated" Southwest one), and:  boy howdy, that was a yummy salad.  With a drink was $13 & change, and considering the size of the salad, well worth it.  Lots of goodies, very tasty.  One or two others I want to try, but that one's at the top of my favorite list barring a surprise upset.

(04-29-2018, 04:20 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Considering that Carousel Candy is being operated by Merchandise and not Foods, I'm guessing it's not going to overlap/compete with Midway Munchies.  Sounds like it's going to be a fun place, though... hopefully we'll find out in a few weeks!

Got a chance to try one of the salads today, by the way (the "Life Elevated" Southwest one), and:  boy howdy, that was a yummy salad.  With a drink was $13 & change, and considering the size of the salad, well worth it.  Lots of goodies, very tasty.  One or two others I want to try, but that one's at the top of my favorite list barring a surprise upset.
I tried The "Life Elevated" Southwest as a Wrap! Don't know if I'll be able to try a different one it was so good!

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
That looks heavenly! Hey, the photo actually worked on tapatalk too! Will, did you fix something?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
(04-29-2018, 01:11 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Dramatic Much? lol The Bakery, Arby's/General Store, Ice Cream Shop, Music Hall, PV Pizza/Grandma Christie's, Pony Express Museum/Swig were purpose built, so it's not sacrilegious. Besides, I thought you were of the opinion of breathing new life into the Village?

Dramatic much, Yes and a little over the top I'll admit. I am all for breathing new life into the Village but the sign looks so tacky and so out of place. It feels too commercial. I liked the bakery as it felt authentic to Pioneer Village. If it had been done like Arby's had been I wouldn't be so outraged but this seems rushed and not well thought out. I'm sure the food is good as has been reported but I still am of the opinion of not liking this change. The cookies will be missed as well.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(04-29-2018, 08:26 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Dramatic much, Yes and a little over the top I'll admit. I am all for breathing new life into the Village but the sign looks so tacky and so out of place. It feels too commercial. I liked the bakery as it felt authentic to Pioneer Village. If it had been done like Arby's had been I wouldn't be so outraged but this seems rushed and not well thought out. I'm sure the food is good as has been reported but I still am of the opinion of not liking this change. The cookies will be missed as well.
Thank you, as always for the thoughtful reply and taking the friendly ribbing as such. Smile

You have to trust me when I say, I totally agree with the thoughts on the sign being out of place. However, there is absolutely no other location where this concept could have been located within the facilities currently in the park and a purpose built facility would have had to of been constructed elsewhere. This location has the foot traffic to make it a success, and Owning a Cafe, I can say that I would definitely have made the same decision. Swig has cookies in the Village, and Midway Munchies will have enough Cinnamon Rolls for the entire park.

While it was brought up that Carousel Candy is going to be operated by Merch and not Foods, there is nothing stopping Foods from pre packaging baked goods and prepared food for retail sales.

Wife and I had a wrap, and it was fantastic. Will probably be one of the places I eat at regularly when on the park.
(04-30-2018, 10:22 PM)Willenator Wrote: Wife and I had a wrap, and it was fantastic. Will probably be one of the places I eat at regularly when on the park.
Which one did you try?

(04-30-2018, 10:37 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Which one did you try?

The beet digger.