Bakery Fresh - New for 2018
(05-07-2018, 07:10 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Neither of those are a remote possibility. I don't see what's so great about the Habit anyway.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's way better tget food for rabbits!
(05-07-2018, 07:10 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Neither of those are a remote possibility. I don't see what's so great about the Habit anyway.

Agreed.  A lot of these hyped burger joints that have been popping up lately are just... meh?  None of them are bad per se, but they're nothing to write home about.  I actually like the burgers from Smashburger probably most out of any of the newer burger chains, but they lose me on their fries.  Nothing will put me off of a burger place quicker than those stupid potato twigs.  Give me some proper thick fries like you get at Crown Burger or Jim's or Apollo Burger.  I wouldn't say no to any of those guys (or even Warrens/Dylans) opening a stand somewhere in the park, but for me, I wouldn't trade the "rabbit food" for all of them combined!
Lagoon needs a good sit down place to eat. A 1920's theme place would be great as a replacement to the sit and smoke stand by Roller Coaster or even on the other side on the former site of Music USA.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(05-07-2018, 01:42 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Lagoon needs a good sit down place to eat. A 1920's theme place would be great as a replacement to the sit and smoke stand by Roller Coaster or even on the other side on the former site of Music USA.
Music USA is being turned into a Beer Garden, right, so that's a historical step in the right direction. Considering how many leaders of the LDS Church were in the business of producing and selling beer and hard liquor, there should be a still set up in PV for Moonshine. "Mormon Moonshine" was legendary.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(05-07-2018, 01:46 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Music USA is being turned into a Beer Garden, right, so that's a historical step in the right direction. Considering how many leaders of the LDS Church were in the business of producing and selling beer and hard liquor, there should be a still set up in PV for Moonshine. "Mormon Moonshine" was legendary.

Bring on the mormon moonshine haha
(05-07-2018, 02:18 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Bring on the mormon moonshine haha
My great grandpa was well known in the smaller towns of Summit County for his moonshine.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(05-07-2018, 02:05 AM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I must be the only one not that excited over rabbit food, I want a good hamburger place.  I would love a habit or a in n out in the park.

Hey, don't get me wrong - I love me a good cheeseburger (and brownies...and lemon bars...and Rice Krispy treats...), but unfortunately I do have to be mindful of what I eat (among other things, diabetes and sleep apnea, both of which are tied to, among other things, one's weight, have cropped up a bit too much for my liking on my mom's side of the family).  So alas, that means that a lot of the time I have to be observant of what I'm consuming.  Far too often, food at fairs can be summed up as "deep-fried everything," a trend I've noticed a lot in amusement parks as well, and Lagoon specifically hasn't done much in the past to discourage that (I love the curly fries at Arby's but have read in several placed that they're actually considered the most unhealthy fast food restaurant fries in America).
(05-07-2018, 05:50 PM)Gregory Wrote: Hey, don't get me wrong - I love me a good cheeseburger (and brownies...and lemon bars...and Rice Krispy treats...), but unfortunately I do have to be mindful of what I eat (among other things, diabetes and sleep apnea, both of which are tied to, among other things, one's weight, have cropped up a bit too much for my liking on my mom's side of the family).  So alas, that means that a lot of the time I have to be observant of what I'm consuming.  Far too often, food at fairs can be summed up as "deep-fried everything," a trend I've noticed a lot in amusement parks as well, and Lagoon specifically hasn't done much in the past to discourage that (I love the curly fries at Arby's but have read in several placed that they're actually considered the most unhealthy fast food restaurant fries in America).

I know what you mean. I've rarely eaten at the park over the last 5 years. There are healthy choices at station park and/or the surrounding community. 

Shane always wishes and wants   Tongue
Surprisingly, Dole Whip is actually not too bad on the calories front if you're looking for a less-guilty treat (the regular one; I'm sure the parfait with the juice has a lot more sugar). I forget the exact value, but when I looked it up a few years ago, it was surprisingly not too bad on the calories. Even as a Type II myself, I still grab one once in awhile to soothe the sweet tooth.
Shane, Braden and I enjoy them. The employee last Saturday was making them HUGE. I should have taken a photo to prove it. I sadly tossed half of it in the trash because it was just too much.

The dance competition started Saturday. Attendance was 23,000. We walked around a lot. My phone said I walked 10.52 miles on Saturday.  Shocked