Landscaping
(08-11-2018, 02:30 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: So if you go stand at the bottom of the stairs right after the front gate kinda by the planter and look at Dracula's Castle you'll be seeing the whole castle with all four turrets, or you would be if big trees weren't blocking everything. Bill Tracy actually thought out different views for Dracula's facade but the most impressive one, the overall castle view from the plaza at the bottom of the stairs, is blocked by trees.

I love trees, and I almost never think it's a good idea to get rid of them, but in this one case I think Lagoon should 'move' the trees that block this sight line and replace them with shorter ones (that will remain short).

Are you talking about the huge tree in the cement planter between the stairs and the castle by the lockers? Because if so, I could see how that blocks views, but it’s really nice for shade at the lockers, which is our meeting point.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
(08-11-2018, 03:53 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Are you talking about the huge tree in the cement planter between the stairs and the castle by the lockers? Because if so, I could see how that blocks views, but it’s really nice for shade at the lockers, which is our meeting point.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm sure the tree you are talking about is one of the offending trees as well as the ones at the bottom of the stairs inside the stair-blocking planters and probably the ones right in front of the ride too. Yeah, what I'm talking about would reduce shade there but you could find another shady meeting point while there's no other place with a full view of Dracula's Castle.
Twirling Ribbons 
(08-11-2018, 07:33 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I'm sure the tree you are talking about is one of the offending trees as well as the ones at the bottom of the stairs inside the stair-blocking planters and probably the ones right in front of the ride too. Yeah, what I'm talking about would reduce shade there but you could find another shady meeting point while there's no other place with a full view of Dracula's Castle.
You've been to plenty of Tree-less Six Flags and Cedar Fair Parks, right? There's no way I'd advocate for less trees for any reason. lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-11-2018, 10:25 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You've been to plenty of Tree-less Six Flags and Cedar Fair Parks, right? There's no way I'd advocate for less trees for any reason. lol

I have not, but I love trees and shade. I am not a fan of the sun. But I can assure you that if Disneyland had 40 year old trees completely blocking the view of their castle from its most photogenic spot they'd 'move' them whether you advocated for it or not.
Twirling Ribbons 
(08-11-2018, 10:35 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I have not, but I love trees and shade. I am not a fan of the sun. But I can assure you that if Disneyland had 40 year old trees completely blocking the view of their castle from its most photogenic spot they'd 'move' them whether you advocated for it or not.
Disney simply changes out the trees with one from their inventory of fully grown trees, so nothing really changes. lol

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-11-2018, 10:25 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You've been to plenty of Tree-less Six Flags and Cedar Fair Parks, right? There's no way I'd advocate for less trees for any reason. lol

SFDK gets hot by Superman, Joker and Wonder Women. There are virtually no trees in the area. However, most of the other parts of the park are shaded / really nice to hang out.
(08-11-2018, 10:42 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Disney simply changes out the trees with one from their inventory of fully grown trees, so nothing really changes. lol

They are masters at moving very large trees.