Crowd size
(07-09-2018, 09:20 AM)1stRainbowRose Wrote: Plus I'm sure the rain helped keep crowds down.
There was no rain at Lagoon on Sunday.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Huh. We had a crazy big storm in West Jordan. Lots of rain, really high winds, all the stuff that shuts the park down.

It still might have been a factor since a lot of people might assume, like I did, that bad weaty down here would also be up there.
We had a little bit of sprinkling for a bit here in Utah County around 8 p.m., though not much (from what I paid attention to, it was pretty much just enough to get everything damp).
(07-09-2018, 08:04 PM)1stRainbowRose Wrote: Huh. We had a crazy big storm in West Jordan. Lots of rain, really high winds, all the stuff that shuts the park down.

It still might have been a factor since a lot of people might assume, like I did, that bad weaty down here would also be up there.
While Lagoon did post their "Weather Notice," there were no storms. Some wind, yes, but that was after the park was empty. In my years of experience, unless there's a down pour and cold temps to begin the day, people won't show up at all. If it starts to rain heavily in the afternoon or evening, that can clear the park. With Independence Day falling smack dab in-between two weekends, that essentially made it a two weekend holiday. Since people don't usually flock to Lagoon on Holidays or holiday weekends, the crowds make sense.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Tonights crowds were great!
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(07-09-2018, 10:00 PM)linearinduction Wrote: While Lagoon did post their "Weather Notice," there were no storms. Some wind, yes, but that was after the park was empty. In my years of experience, unless there's a down pour and cold temps to begin the day, people won't show up at all. If it starts to rain heavily in the afternoon or evening, that can clear the park. With Independence Day falling smack dab in-between two weekends, that essentially made it a two weekend holiday. Since people don't usually flock to Lagoon on Holidays or holiday weekends, the crowds make sense.

I was wondering about this. My family has had season passes for a few years now. We have never gone on a holiday. We are thinking about going on July 24. Tuesdays usually have smaller crowds (unless a large company schedules their Lagoon day that day). I am hoping that not many people will go to Lagoon on July 24.
(07-12-2018, 01:25 PM)Bigfoot_is_Cain Wrote: I was wondering about this. My family has had season passes for a few years now. We have never gone on a holiday. We are thinking about going on July 24. Tuesdays usually have smaller crowds (unless a large company schedules their Lagoon day that day). I am hoping that not many people will go to Lagoon on July 24.
I wouldn't expect a large crowd on Pie and Beer Day.

(07-12-2018, 07:07 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I wouldn't expect a large crowd on Pie and Beer Day.

Agreed. Too bad the beer garden isn't done yet for Pie and Beer Day. Lol
(07-12-2018, 10:31 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Agreed. Too bad the beer garden isn't done yet for Pie and Beer Day. Lol
I'm holding out hope that this Beer Garden happens and Lagoon will have monthly food and drink festivals like many Cedar Fair Parks have, like Brews and BBQ at Cedar Point, Taste of the Carolinas at Carowinds, The Boysenberry Festival at Knott's, Taste of Virginia at Kings Dominion, etc. Pretty certain Lagoon could do a "Pie and Beer Day Festival" and make some money with pie and local brews and have some fun. Could imagine a small live performance stage for live bands and stuff as well. So many amazing opportunities with this "Beer Garden."

It will serve things like Funeral potatoes?