Elk died at Lagoon
(07-21-2018, 05:10 PM)gregwibert Wrote: The Wild Kingdom Train would be much more entertaining with creatures created using animatronics. They could have anything (dinosaurs, dragons, goblins, simulated tigers, skeletons, etc.) Cedar Point has Boneville (skeletons). No one protests they are treating the animatronic skeletons poorly. lol

Wild Kingdom Train has the potential to serve as a really awesome dark ride if done right.

I'd really like Lagoon to hire the Train Shoppe in SLC to do it. They have great expertise in designing train layouts, caves, scenery, animated scenes and even dark rides. Hire the people who did Cannibal's waterfall (Cemrock) to build the caves. It could be so great... but the line...
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-21-2018, 11:49 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I'd really like Lagoon to hire the Train Shoppe in SLC to do it. They have great expertise in designing train layouts, caves, scenery, animated scenes and even dark rides. Hire the people who did Cannibal's waterfall (Cemrock) to build the caves. It could be so great... but the line...
To equate an indoor Zamperla Rio Grande Train to Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland, built by the legendary Bud Hurlbut and Walt Disney Imagineering, is borderline insanity.

Also, designing a model railroad is not the same as designing and engineering an actual railroad, and to suggest that would be like comparing a 12 yr old playing RCT to someone like Anton Schwarzkopf.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(07-22-2018, 12:08 AM)linearinduction Wrote: To equate an indoor Zamperla Rio Grande Train to Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland, built by the legendary Bud Hurlbut and Walt Disney Imagineering, is borderline insanity.

I'd agree but I wasn't equating them.

Quote:Also, designing a model railroad is not the same as designing and engineering an actual railroad, and to suggest that would be like comparing a 12 yr old playing RCT to someone like Anton Schwarzkopf.

I'd agree with that but I'm mainly talking about the artistic side here since the railroad is already there, and it's kind of on the line between real and model railroad anyway.

They just seem like local people who have some vision and experience that would be able to design a good train dark ride. Lagoon can't hire Disney to design it for them. Who would you like to see do it? Or is it more that you wouldn't like to see it at all?
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-22-2018, 12:20 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I'd agree but I wasn't equating them.

I'd agree with that but I'm mainly talking about the artistic side here since the railroad is already there, and it's kind of on the line between real and model railroad anyway.

They just seem like local people who have some vision and experience that would be able to design a good train dark ride. Lagoon can't hire Disney to design it for them. Who would you like to see do it? Or is it more that you wouldn't like to see it at all?
Lagoon's Crowns are REAL Steam Locomotives. It's not cheap for Disney to vent the show buildings their Steam Locomotives travel through. Also, the more curves you have, the more likely a derailment. Using Live Steam, especially propane fired live steam, in a dark ride setting, just seems like trouble waiting to happen. There is, after all, the possibility that one of the Chance C.P. Huntingtons at Europa Park sparked the Pirates of Batvia fire back in May.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
That makes sense. Leave the layout the same then. If they got rid of the dark cinderblock tunnel over water with no evacuation route in exchange for a slightly longer, wider tunnel on land with nice scenery and an evacuation route that would be a net safety gain as I see it. Keep the rest of it mostly outdoors but still make use of props and scenery.

Or....

Go Electric! Mwahahaha!
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-22-2018, 12:27 AM)linearinduction Wrote: ...Using Live Steam, especially propane fired live steam, in a dark ride setting, just seems like trouble waiting to happen...

To this day, the scariest experience I've ever had working at Lagoon came from W.K. Train and propane, and I was on break at the time (waiting for the relief engineer to get back from her last run so I could take the train back over). I still get chills thinking about how badly that day could have gone... you ain't kidding it's trouble waiting to happen.

(07-22-2018, 12:45 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Go Electric! Mwahahaha!

Get out, heathen!
(07-22-2018, 03:24 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: To this day, the scariest experience I've ever had working at Lagoon came from W.K. Train and propane, and I was on break at the time (waiting for the relief engineer to get back from her last run so I could take the train back over).  I still get chills thinking about how badly that day could have gone...  you ain't kidding it's trouble waiting to happen.

Get out, heathen!

I was going to suggest electric. Glad I didn't! Whew!  Rolleyes
How about not train and just make all of the carts peddle powered? Lol
People complain about how the animals are treated but from what I've read most of the animals have no where else to go.
(07-22-2018, 02:18 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: People complain about how the animals are treated but from what I've read most of the animals have no where else to go.

Freeloading animals oughta get a freakin job! (jk)

But seriously, have you found information about the animals that isn't from the protesters or some weird guy on the internet? I personally don't see too many people complain about their treatment but I do see a lot of people who are bummed out by seeing the big cats living there.
Twirling Ribbons