Elk died at Lagoon
(07-22-2018, 11:23 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: But seriously, have you found information about the animals that isn't from the protesters or some weird guy on the internet?
I resemble that remark Sir! lol If I remember correctly, Jordan Kessler called me worse things. Wink

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(07-22-2018, 11:23 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Freeloading animals oughta get a freakin job! (jk)

But seriously, have you found information about the animals that isn't from the protesters or some weird guy on the internet? I personally don't see too many people complain about their treatment but I do see a lot of people who are bummed out by seeing the big cats living there.

Luke if i remember correctly Lagoon took in allot of animals during the recession from places that were closing down due to lack of funds that would have been euthanized if it wasn't for lagoon. I'm not a fan of the current enclosures they have them in. I know they could be better. Look at the changes made at hoogle zoo over the years.
(07-23-2018, 02:43 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Luke if i remember correctly Lagoon took in allot of animals during the recession from places that were closing down due to lack of funds that would have been euthanized if it wasn't for lagoon. I'm not a fan of the current enclosures they have them in. I know they could be better. Look at the changes made at hoogle zoo over the years.

But do you remember where you heard that? I have no idea what the animals care is like or where they came from or how big their enclosure is or what their names are or how old they are or anything else because like everything else, Lagoon doesn't give details. I'd love to see details if you know where to find them. I don't take the protesters or some weird guy posting on a forum as any kind of official word.

I'm not trying to argue anything here because I don't know anything. I'm just making the observations that 1. It's stupid that they don't tell people any details about the animals. 2. Many non-peta people, including guests are bummed out by the tigers being there but I don't think they care about the other animals.
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-23-2018, 03:09 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: But do you remember where you heard that? I have no idea what the animals care is like or where they came from or how big their enclosure is or what their names are or how old they are or anything else because like everything else, Lagoon doesn't give details. I'd love to see details if you know where to find them. I don't take the protesters or some weird guy posting on a forum as any kind of official word.

I'm not trying to argue anything here because I don't know anything. I'm just making the observations that 1. It's stupid that they don't tell people any details about the animals. 2. Many non-peta people, including guests are bummed out by the tigers being there but I don't think they care about the living conditions are likethe other animals.
I believe I read it in a SLC tribune article a few years ago. I also have no idea what the living conditions are like for these animals. I do know that I wish they were housed in larger enclosures but I have no idea what goes on behind scenes. I do believe Lagoon could build better enclosures. If the animals were able to be relocated to different parks I think they could take the train on an entirely different direction. I always love the ideas you come up with. Maybe you could submit an idea to the park? Maybe even something that includes the 'Lagoon swamp'...
(07-23-2018, 03:34 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I believe I read it in a SLC tribune article a few years ago. I also have no idea what the living conditions are like for these animals. I do know that I wish they were housed in larger enclosures but I have no idea what goes on behind scenes. I do believe Lagoon could build better enclosures. If the animals were able to be relocated to different parks I think they could take the train on an entirely different direction. I always love the ideas you come up with. Maybe you could submit an idea to the park? Maybe even something that includes the 'Lagoon swamp'...

Thanks. I don't know enough about the animals to understand how long it would take to relocate them or if it's even feasible, but if it does happen my idea is to get the Train Shoppe in SLC to design a new ride experience for it. I think they have the level of passion for this kind of thing that would give us something great and unique. They'd be a much better choice than me.

I wouldn't post half the stuff I post if I didn't think somebody might be listening.
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-23-2018, 04:12 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Thanks. I don't know enough about the animals to understand how long it would take to relocate them or if it's even feasible, but if it does happen my idea is to get the Train Shoppe in SLC to design a new ride experience for it. I think they have the level of passion for this kind of thing that would give us something great and unique. They'd be a much better choice than me.

I wouldn't post half the stuff I post if I didn't think somebody might be listening.
Hence the reason I always push you for ideas...
(07-23-2018, 04:12 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Thanks. I don't know enough about the animals to understand how long it would take to relocate them or if it's even feasible, but if it does happen my idea is to get the Train Shoppe in SLC to design a new ride experience for it. I think they have the level of passion for this kind of thing that would give us something great and unique. They'd be a much better choice than me.

Model Railroading and a Zamperla Rio Grande Train with themeing is hardly a resume to build a ride using Real Steam Locomotives. It's hard enough for many to buy an Accucraft and make the switch in 1:20.3 and 1:29.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(07-23-2018, 07:09 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Model Railroading and a Zamperla Rio Grande Train with themeing is hardly a resume to build a ride using Real Steam Locomotives. It's hard enough for many to buy an Accucraft and make the switch in 1:20.3 and 1:29.

Mmmmmm.... 1:20.3.  My favorite scale.  Someday I'll find the time & money to build a layout again...
(07-23-2018, 09:37 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Mmmmmm.... 1:20.3.  My favorite scale.  Someday I'll find the time & money to build a layout again...
On the DL, construction on my 1:20.3 and 1:24 Dry Creek and Western Railroad starts this fall. Wink