Lagoon Biergarten
(07-16-2019, 10:26 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Rocket is the most common size of S&S Towers, at 185' respectively.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Is 185' the height of the drop or the actual tower?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Disclaimer: I'm not always right, I'm just gonna throw that out there. Smile

Credits: 53
#1-Steel Vengeance or Mille

Parks Visited: Lagoon, Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kennywood, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, and Pacific Park
(07-16-2019, 11:02 AM)LSFMAN Wrote: Is 185' the height of the drop or the actual tower?

185 is the drop. The flag pole reaches 209, if memory serves.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(07-16-2019, 12:30 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: 185 is the drop. The flag pole reaches 209, if memory serves.
That's what I thought. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I'm not always right, I'm just gonna throw that out there. Smile

Credits: 53
#1-Steel Vengeance or Mille

Parks Visited: Lagoon, Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kennywood, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, and Pacific Park
(07-16-2019, 12:30 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: 185 is the drop. The flag pole reaches 209, if memory serves.
I thought the height at the top of the topper was 217'

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(07-17-2019, 07:45 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I thought the height at the top of the topper was 217'

That's what I've heard.
So let me start by saying a burger is absolutely the LAST thing I'll even eat at Lagoon. I swear they make them the previous season and hold them over somehow. Anyway today I decided to try a pastrami burger in the Biergarten today. It was pricey for a burger but it was very good and had a generous portion of quality pastrami on it. I'm really happy with the quality of food they're putting out. I also got an unsolicited statement from another employee in there that they are planning an Oktoberfest. And I almost forgot. They now offer a 4 beer 'beer flight' for $15.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I saw on the Lagoon website that tomorrow, May 14th they will open the Biergarten for take out and dine in.  I will go and report back on the happenings!  The website reports that parking and admission to the park will be free(!). If it feels safe and not too crowded we will eat there, though more likely we will just bring it home. I am not sure if they opened up a direct entrance to the restaurant or if you will go through the main drag.  We will see. 

If anyone else will be there, please let me know how to identify you and I will gladly wave hello to you..from a safe 6 feet.  We haven't been that impressed with the food at the Biergarten in the past but want to show our support to Lagoon.  I'd much rather have a beavertail!  I never dreamed so much would change before we returned.

Stay safe and I look forward to getting to know all of you better.
(05-13-2020, 03:58 PM)Odysea_fan Wrote: Long time lurker, first time poster.

I saw on the Lagoon website that tomorrow, May 14th they will open the Biergarten for take out and dine in.  I will go and report back on the happenings!  The website reports that parking and admission to the park will be free(!). If it feels safe and not too crowded we will eat there, though more likely we will just bring it home. I am not sure if they opened up a direct entrance to the restaurant or if you will go through the main drag.  We will see. 

If anyone else will be there, please let me know how to identify you and I will gladly wave hello to you..from a safe 6 feet.  We haven't been that impressed with the food at the Biergarten in the past but want to show our support to Lagoon.  I'd much rather have a beavertail!  I never dreamed so much would change before we returned.

Stay safe and I look forward to getting to know all of you better.
Welcome!
I was a long time lurker as well!

I'm planning on going sometime. I shared the full announcement under the COVID-19 thread. Thank you for making a biergarten thread!

I personally love the food at biergarten, so I am having to do everything in my power to not go every single day. (last season I easily ate at biergarten 1-2 times per week)

stay safe!
(05-13-2020, 04:18 PM)LagoonFan2020 Wrote: Welcome!

I'm planning on going sometime. I shared the full announcement under the COVID-19 thread. Thank you for making a biergarten thread!

I personally love the food at biergarten, so I am having to do everything in my power to not go every single day. (last season I easily ate at biergarten 1-2 times per week)

stay safe!
*Thank you for sharing it to this thread. Sorry, super tired
(05-13-2020, 04:18 PM)LagoonFan2020 Wrote: Welcome!

stay safe!
Ohhhh what do you recommend? Maybe we have tried the wrong things. Lmk Smile

In the park our go tos are beavertails, the BBQ place, ice cream from PV, Navajo tacos, the Hawaiian hot dogs and an old school Arby’s sandwich.