(07-02-2019, 08:13 AM)DeLorean Wrote: Wait does the train really run them over?
It was sarcasm. The UARC and PETA claim that it happens. Like most of their claims about Lagoon, it is a complete fabrication and lie.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(07-03-2019, 02:15 PM)Z Wrote: When I visited Singapore, I went to one of the technical universities to talk about some technologies they have under development. They mentioned to me that they had a site in China they had worked with to clean up heavy algae in their lake with some plants designed to chew up the nitrogen and phosphorus. They told the site that the plants would flower as long as there were nutrients in the lake and they would know that they were getting close to being clean when the flowers were no longer present.

The planting project was a great success. They put the flowers all along a boardwalk and cleaned up the lake in about 18 months. However, the client called to complain that the plants were no longer pretty without the flowers and were asking how much nitrogen and phosphorus they should be dumping in the lake in order to get the flowers to bloom!

The problem with Lagoon Lake is that it receives too much fertilizer runoff, like all of the rest of the Wasatch Front. They will never be able to adequately resolve the nutrient issues there.

-Z

Yes there is way too much fertilizer used in this area. This is a subject I'm well versed in. It makes keeping my pool water balanced a nightmare.
Let's say Lagoon wanted to rebuild the Lake and do a water fountain show in it, so no more fish and gunk. Could Lagoon have it removed from the Farmington Creek Flood Plan or whatever it's called?

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(07-05-2019, 10:11 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Let's say Lagoon wanted to rebuild the Lake and do a water fountain show in it, so no more fish and gunk. Could Lagoon have it removed from the Farmington Creek Flood Plan or whatever it's called?

I know a way you could do it with out rebuilding the lake.  its just not worth it.
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
(07-05-2019, 10:11 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Let's say Lagoon wanted to rebuild the Lake and do a water fountain show in it, so no more fish and gunk. Could Lagoon have it removed from the Farmington Creek Flood Plan or whatever it's called?

You would have to provide a similar volume of active flood storage and a large enough conduit to get the water elsewhere. If it were me, I would create a route to a flood basin inside the parking lot. Since the lagoon isn’t deep and is never fully drained, it shouldn’t be too hard to replace, but it all takes money. 

-Z
I think that the lake is fine how it is... I just think that they need a drain or something over by tidel wave to catch the trash and garbage that shouldn't be in there... I guess they could make a damn/floating damn that would keep out the garbage around the ride... Floating damn would allow fish is, but a full damn they could do fountains or something around the ride
(07-06-2019, 12:18 AM)DeLorean Wrote: I think that the lake is fine how it is... I just think that they need a drain or something over by tidel wave to catch the trash and garbage that shouldn't be in there... I guess they could make a damn/floating damn that would keep out the garbage around the ride... Floating damn would allow fish is, but a full damn they could do fountains or something around the ride
You do realize the trash comes from guests throwing it in the lake, right?

Just get rid of the guests and problem solved.
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-06-2019, 01:37 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Just get rid of the guests and problem solved.

This is a solid argument. Laugh
(07-06-2019, 01:37 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Just get rid of the guests and problem solved.

Win^
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!