I often wonder if hating the park guests is a cultural thing at Lagoon fostered by management, or if it's just the mindset of some employees.
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-06-2019, 07:21 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I often wonder if hating the park guests is a cultural thing at Lagoon fostered by management, or if it's just the mindset of some employees.

Take any job that requires working directly with the public (especially in high volume; e.g. in retail or at an amusement park) and you'll find that employees tend to gripe or complain about the public / guests on a regular basis. Nobody working at Lagoon hates the park's guests, but I'm sure you're smart enough to realize that.
(07-06-2019, 07:33 PM)JordanM Wrote: Take any job that requires working directly with the public (especially in high volume; e.g. in retail or at an amusement park) and you'll find that employees tend to gripe or complain about the public / guests on a regular basis. Nobody working at Lagoon hates the park's guests, but I'm sure you're smart enough to realize that.

That makes perfect sense, there's just one or two employees who act so hostile about the guests that it's hard to interpret as anything other than utter and total contempt (I'm not referring to the comments in this thread). It's made me legitimately wonder if that's like the 'cool thing' to do or something. Glad to hear that's not the case.
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-06-2019, 07:40 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: That makes perfect sense, there's just one or two employees who act so hostile about the guests that it's hard to interpret as anything other than utter and total contempt (I'm not referring to the comments in this thread). It's made me legitimately wonder if that's like the 'cool thing' to do or something. Glad to hear that's not the case.

You're the one that said it so we were just agreeing with you. Wow why are you upset how can we help?
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
(07-06-2019, 07:21 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I often wonder if hating the park guests is a cultural thing at Lagoon fostered by management, or if it's just the mindset of some employees.
You do realize that without guests...working at Lagoon would be extremely boring and unsatisfying, right?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I just imagined Lagoon with no guests and all the employees running empty rides all day long.
(07-07-2019, 02:39 PM)Willenator Wrote: I just imagined Lagoon with no guests and all the employees running empty rides all day long.

I saw it more or less happen at Nagashima Onsen and it's extremely creepy. I estimated about 200 guests on the day I went (first Wednesday after golden week) and many of them left early (before the 4:00 pm closing time). You might think having a giant amusement park all to yourself sounds like a fun time, and it is to some degree, but the silence and the vast emptiness gives it a really ominous vibe. You'd also think that it would be great for wait times, but when you get on a ride the ops wait for quite a while to see if somebody else will come get on the ride with you. It was rare that somebody actually did.

*Edit: here's a pic I took of the midway that day. How many guests can you find?

Twirling Ribbons 
It's kinda the same deal with Magic Mountain during off-peak times during year round operations. We went on a Wednesday in mid September last year, and the longest line we had was 5 minutes, and that was for Superman. Other than that, every ride was a walk on.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I visited Lagoon for the 5th time this year yesterday, and it was awesome! Cannibals waterfall was working btw. Wink

I got my first ride on Skycoaster yesterday! That ride blew me away! I rode it with my sister for her birthday, and it was so fun! The only part I didnt like was when the platform under the flyers drops and you're on your stomach

I also got my first night ride on Cannibal, and it was in the front row. That was probably the best ride I've ever had on it!

I also got a night ride on Wicked, and it was great as always!

Colossus was running two trains (red and green), but dispatches were super slow. The train would be back on the brake run before that would send out the other train.

Cliffhanger was only letting people on the back row. Does anyone know why?

Roller Coaster was hauling last night! I got a ride in the back row of the red train at night, and it was felt so fast! I loved it.

I took my 2-year-old brother on Puff for his first ever roller coaster, and he was fascinated by it! It was super cute, and I'm glad he's finally willing to ride stuff. His favorite ride of the day was Flying Tigers; we could not get him off of it!

On one of my first trips, I got a Season Popcorn bucket. I went to fill it up, and the machine was broken at both the Dole Whip at Coke Plaza and the Coke stand at the front of the park. I was a little bit ticked off since I don't visit the park a whole lot, so I went to Guest Services and they gave me a free Dole Whip!

It was an awesome trip! I love staying at the park until close. The rides just feel so much more fun in the dark!

EDIT: I forgot to say, but I'm pretty sure I saw some Primordial track while in ride for Cannibal. I had no idea how massive the main structure is! I'm super excited to know more about what Lagoon is doing.
(08-14-2019, 02:04 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: I visited Lagoon for the 5th time this year yesterday, and it was awesome! Cannibals waterfall was working btw. Wink

Thanks for the update. I was getting worried cause no one has said one way or the other. Happy