Poll: Should Lagoon purchase the Green Lantern Ride?
Yes, this would be awesome
Hell NO... No no no no
[Show Results]

Green Lantern
(05-08-2019, 03:16 PM)DeLorean Wrote: So would it be bad if Lagoon purchased the Green lantern ride from Six flags Magic mountain?
Has it been listed For Sale? I can't find any indication it has.
(05-08-2019, 03:19 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: I love Magic Mountain, but I don't understand why they'd remove an operational ride. Even though it wasn't the most enjoyed, I still want to get the credit. It has never been open when I've visited. It wouldn't be my personal choice for Lagoon, and I can't see it happening either.

I'd love if Lagoon got a Gravity Group woodie, or something with lots of airtime. Hopefully Primordial will have decent air.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
What you should really be asking is why has the park claimed the ride was inoperable due to waiting for parts from Europe, but magically begins running the week after it's removal was announced? Six Flags, in particular, are not well known for taking the best care of their rides. No Coasters at Magic Mountain with multiple trains operate at capacity with all trains, as there is always one train in rehab as the others are neglected. Knott's operate their big coasters at capacity for a large majority of the year, by having extra trains (Silver Bullet, Montezuma's Revenge, Ghostrider, & Hang Time) while some of their other coasters arguably operate at a higher capacity with a single train, due to stacking (Xcelerator, Sierra Sidewinder, & Pony Express)
(05-08-2019, 04:00 PM)DeLorean Wrote: You never know what will happen at Lagoon. They will still have a lot of space to fill once they open Primordial
I can tell you with almost certainty there will be no used rides in Lagoon's Future with the current ownership or management, unless it is a classic ride.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Apparently Magic Mountain decided to retrack the ride. Will that do much to make the ride better? It seems like new trains would be enough.

(07-09-2019, 12:23 AM)LSFMAN Wrote: Apparently Magic Mountain decided to retrack the ride. Will that do much to make the ride better? It seems like new trains would be enough.

Track isn't the problem, unless it includes a reprofile.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(05-08-2019, 08:02 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: I doubt they'd get another launch coaster. I'd hope for a GCI or a gravity group, maybe some in-house design

In-house launched wooden coaster? (jk wont happen)
They've already said the rumor to retrack the ride won't happen.
(07-10-2019, 12:31 AM)Willenator Wrote: They've already said the rumor to retrack the ride won't happen.
I must have missed that. Thanks Will!

(07-10-2019, 12:10 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: In-house launched wooden coaster? (jk wont happen)
Dude, I just want something at Lagoon that gives a lot of airtime. I rode Mystic Timbers last month, and something like that would do wonders for the park

(07-09-2019, 08:52 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Track isn't the problem, unless it includes a reprofile.

The issue Is the trains and California regulations. The trains are much heavier than the trains of the Zacspins in Europe, and that means that this ride goes through the course faster.

(07-10-2019, 06:07 AM)LSFMAN Wrote: Dude, I just want something at Lagoon that gives a lot of airtime. I rode Mystic Timbers last month, and something like that would do wonders for the park

I would love an airtime machine at Lagoon, but because they haven’t built an airtime based coaster since 1921, they probably won’t get an airtime based coaster for quite some time.