Blocked by Lagoon on Instagram?
Thumbs Down 
So earlier today I was on Instagram minding my business when I saw Lagoon posted a picture saying to caption it. https://www.instagram.com/p/BztCT38lDoo/

As a little joke, I decided to write, "When Cannibal malfunctions and closes again." cause we know how much the ride has gone down due to technical issues. 

Low and behold an hour later, I check the page and see that it's disappeared from not only my feed but every instance of my Instagram. Even when I tried to go to their page itself, it tells me "User Not Found." So I log in to my alternate account and see if the account actually disappeared, but sure enough, I could see it from my alternate account, posts, and everything. Which lead to one thing, I had been blocked by the official page all because of one little joke I had made that apparently pissed off the PR running the Instagram. 

Now let me get this straight. I understand that Cannibal has its technical flaws and that Lagoon does the absolute best to keep the ride running at all times. I understand the number of staff members that have to struggle with annoying guests that nag at them when Cannibal closes for these flaws. Hell, people make jokes about it all the time when I'm at the park and people just shrug and go on a different ride. But even in the photo, you can see simply one of the comments saying "When Cannibal is closed." which was BEFORE MY COMMENT BEFORE IT WAS DELETED

Now I'm not actually pissed at Lagoon, I'm just annoyed that they couldn't take the simple joke or criticism when THEY WERE THE ONES ASKING FOR CAPTIONS. Other parks that I've poked fun at in their comment sections just laugh and some even embrace their rides with their flaws. Why? Cause they know about them and laugh it off. However, to Lagoon, it seems there's a different story on the other side and they simply couldn't take one single comment I made. They left the other one, why block my entire account instead of simply deleting the comment?

I want to know your guy's opinions on this. Do you think I was the one who messed up by making that snarky comment, or was it the PR member for trying to get rid of any criticisms for Cannibals flaws?
Win

LMFAO

Voicing certain opinions here is such a drama inducing move that I doubt too many people will be willing to share their honest opinion. I'm assured that the distaste some Lagoon employees have of park guests does not reflect the views of management.

I'm with ya.

LMFAO

:Runs and hides:

Ahhhh
Twirling Ribbons 
LOL Yeah. I agree with you voicing opinions. Hell, my most viewed video is a Cannibal Breakdown and Evacuation. So it does show that they have some flaws with the ride that they keep trying to hide.... buuuut always end up failing to do. xD 

I'm just wondering who exactly blocked me and if it was for the reason I'm thinking of. I know (THE PERSON THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED) is one of the people who run the Instagram account but I know there's more behind the scenes we don't see. If it was actually her, I'd honestly be the surprised cause that's one failure of a PR move lol. 

Either fix the ride, or embrace it's flaws and laugh along! :3
(07-09-2019, 08:16 PM)DestinysPowerOS Wrote: LOL Yeah. I agree with you voicing opinions. Hell, my most viewed video is a Cannibal Breakdown and Evacuation. So it does show that they have some flaws with the ride that they keep trying to hide.... buuuut always end up failing to do. xD 

I'm just wondering who exactly blocked me and if it was for the reason I'm thinking of. I know Julie Freed is one of the people who run the Instagram account but I know there's more behind the scenes we don't see. If it was actually her, I'd honestly be the surprised cause that's one failure of a PR move lol. 

Last topic with that name in it got deleted... and it looked like we had a special guest poster appear in that topic as well. Making any statements about a specific individual would probably get your topic deleted.

All I'll say is that you're not crazy.
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-09-2019, 08:26 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Last topic with that name in it got deleted... and it looked like we had a special guest poster appear in that topic as well. Making any statements about a specific individual would probably get your topic deleted.

OOPS! I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THAT. Imma just change that... Tongue
(07-09-2019, 08:16 PM)DestinysPowerOS Wrote: Hell, my most viewed video is a Cannibal Breakdown and Evacuation.

Agreed. I think I found your video. I subscribed to your channel. That's the first time I've seen the fence things they stick in the holes in the car. Sweet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khsO3WwelkQ
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-09-2019, 08:44 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Agreed. I think I found your video. I subscribed to your channel. That's the first time I've seen the fence things they stick in the holes in the car. Sweet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khsO3WwelkQ

Indeed! That is my video! It was interesting cause I think during that time was the first time I've ever witnessed an evacuation of the ride. I've been stuck before (as I said in the video on the brake run) but never actually evacuated. It was also cool to see how they did the procedure and seeing the theming before the elevator up close and personal (though not very long). Still, fantastic ride, needs more tweaking. Also thanks for the sub! Even though I have no idea what I'm doing with my channel at this point in time Tongue
(07-09-2019, 06:52 PM)DestinysPowerOS Wrote: So earlier today I was on Instagram minding my business when I saw Lagoon posted a picture saying to caption it. https://www.instagram.com/p/BztCT38lDoo/

As a little joke, I decided to write, "When Cannibal malfunctions and closes again." cause we know how much the ride has gone down due to technical issues. 

Low and behold an hour later, I check the page and see that it's disappeared from not only my feed but every instance of my Instagram. Even when I tried to go to their page itself, it tells me "User Not Found." So I log in to my alternate account and see if the account actually disappeared, but sure enough, I could see it from my alternate account, posts, and everything. Which lead to one thing, I had been blocked by the official page all because of one little joke I had made that apparently pissed off the PR running the Instagram. 

Now let me get this straight. I understand that Cannibal has its technical flaws and that Lagoon does the absolute best to keep the ride running at all times. I understand the number of staff members that have to struggle with annoying guests that nag at them when Cannibal closes for these flaws. Hell, people make jokes about it all the time when I'm at the park and people just shrug and go on a different ride. But even in the photo, you can see simply one of the comments saying "When Cannibal is closed." which was BEFORE MY COMMENT BEFORE IT WAS DELETED

Now I'm not actually pissed at Lagoon, I'm just annoyed that they couldn't take the simple joke or criticism when THEY WERE THE ONES ASKING FOR CAPTIONS. Other parks that I've poked fun at in their comment sections just laugh and some even embrace their rides with their flaws. Why? Cause they know about them and laugh it off. However, to Lagoon, it seems there's a different story on the other side and they simply couldn't take one single comment I made. They left the other one, why block my entire account instead of simply deleting the comment?

I want to know your guy's opinions on this. Do you think I was the one who messed up by making that snarky comment, or was it the PR member for trying to get rid of any criticisms for Cannibals flaws?

Lagoon blocking you was a seriously dumb move. They were the ones asking for the caption, and that's like asking r/entitledparents to make fun of a Karen who is asking for your manager.
(07-09-2019, 06:52 PM)DestinysPowerOS Wrote: I want to know your guy's opinions on this. Do you think I was the one who messed up by making that snarky comment, or was it the PR member for trying to get rid of any criticisms for Cannibals flaws?

If they were trying to get rid of criticisms of Cannibal, I would think they would have removed the comment before yours. Seems odd since both are similar in nature. I would have had a good laugh at the comment.
(07-09-2019, 06:52 PM)DestinysPowerOS Wrote: So earlier today I was on Instagram minding my business when I saw Lagoon posted a picture saying to caption it. https://www.instagram.com/p/BztCT38lDoo/

First of all, using "Malfunction" is probably what got you banned, as Cannibal has never malfunctioned. Technical Issues, yes, as that Safety and Control System is probably the most complex system on any ride anywhere. Again, there are no flaws or anything wrong with Cannibal.

(07-09-2019, 08:08 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Win

LMFAO

Voicing certain opinions here is such a drama inducing move that I doubt too many people will be willing to share their honest opinion. I'm assured that the distaste some Lagoon employees have of park guests does not reflect the views of management.

I'm with ya.

LMFAO

:Runs and hides:

Ahhhh
There are no problems until people act like a dick and personally attack other users and the owners/management of Lagoon. This site is called Lagoon Fans, after all.

(07-09-2019, 08:16 PM)DestinysPowerOS Wrote: LOL Yeah. I agree with you voicing opinions. Hell, my most viewed video is a Cannibal Breakdown and Evacuation. So it does show that they have some flaws with the ride that they keep trying to hide.... buuuut always end up failing to do. xD 

I'm just wondering who exactly blocked me and if it was for the reason I'm thinking of. I know (THE PERSON THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED) is one of the people who run the Instagram account but I know there's more behind the scenes we don't see. If it was actually her, I'd honestly be the surprised cause that's one failure of a PR move lol. 

Cannibal doesn't need fixing and it has no flaws.

(07-09-2019, 08:26 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Last topic with that name in it got deleted... and it looked like we had a special guest poster appear in that topic as well. Making any statements about a specific individual would probably get your topic deleted.

It probably got deleted because someone was being a dick and disrespectful.

(07-10-2019, 12:01 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Lagoon blocking you was a seriously dumb move. They were the ones asking for the caption, and that's like asking r/entitledparents to make fun of a Karen who is asking for your manager.
It's not dumb when someone is saying your ride malfunctions.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island