Things that are not functional at Lagoon...
(07-20-2019, 02:52 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I've heard Smiler has gotten to the point of painful...
Is this a trend in all Gerstlauers, or is it just the smiler? When I rode Hangtime last year it was glossy smooth, and I'd hate for that to get rough

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(07-20-2019, 02:52 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I've heard Smiler has gotten to the point of painful...
(07-20-2019, 03:43 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Is this a trend in all Gerstlauers, or is it just the smiler? When I rode Hangtime last year it was glossy smooth, and I'd hate for that to get rough

I've had rough rides on Hang Time and Smiler, as well as glass smooth rides on them both.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(07-20-2019, 03:43 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Is this a trend in all Gerstlauers, or is it just the smiler? When I rode Hangtime last year it was glossy smooth, and I'd hate for that to get rough

From what I've heard Gerstlauers in general (especially Euro-fighters) do not age well...
(07-20-2019, 05:42 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Absolutely nothing I've experienced at Lagoon can compare to my absolutely horrendous ride on Smiler last week. It felt like we were off roading!

I've heard of people getting rides on The Smiler with no headbanging whatsoever (Except for that awful looking transition out of the cobra roll), and I've heard of people getting rides on it with headbanging throughout. It's quite strange that some rides on Gerstlauers can be silky smooth and others can feel like you are on an old Vekoma MK-1200.
(07-21-2019, 01:42 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I've heard of people getting rides on The Smiler with no headbanging whatsoever (Except for that awful looking transition out of the cobra roll), and I've heard of people getting rides on it with headbanging throughout. It's quite strange that some rides on Gerstlauers can be silky smooth and others can feel like you are on an old Vekoma MK-1200.
It's all about bogie/wheel maintenance. My first rides on Smiler were super smooth and I had absolutely no problems with any transitions. The strangest and most noticable for me was between the 2 barrel rolls, but still, glass smooth. My final ride was the rough one, and you could feel the ruts as soon as the ride moved. It was truly abhorrent and my ear still hurts, from the sucker punch near the bottom of the first drop.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
So today with car 6 on space scrambler it kept making what felt like a clanking... When it would whip out it would clank into place into the gears and then on the opposite side it felt like it was clanking as it was picking up the slack
(08-01-2019, 06:17 PM)DeLorean Wrote: So today with car 6 on space scrambler it kept making what felt like a clanking... When it would whip out it would clank into place into the gears and then on the opposite side it felt like it was clanking as it was picking up the slack
^
 did you go to guest services and let management know?
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
(08-01-2019, 07:13 PM)CPrider Wrote: ^
 did you go to guest services and let management know?
I'm thinking you can guess the answer to your question... I mean seriously, how many times do we say in this forum to report issues to Guest Services?

(08-01-2019, 06:17 PM)DeLorean Wrote: So today with car 6 on space scrambler it kept making what felt like a clanking... When it would whip out it would clank into place into the gears and then on the opposite side it felt like it was clanking as it was picking up the slack

The usual suspect is the chain attached to the pin that goes in the door. I've heard those clank against the sides before. The positioning of the car in your description leads me to believe it could have been that.

(08-01-2019, 07:13 PM)CPrider Wrote: did you go to guest services and let management know?

(08-01-2019, 07:34 PM)linearinduction Wrote: how many times do we say in this forum to report issues to Guest Services?

I think it would almost be more beneficial to let the ride operator know. If the operator doesn't take it seriously then locate a supervisor or take it to Guest Services. I feel like things can be handled much faster by talking to the employee on the ride when a concern arises.
If Lagoon wants guests to report perceived issues with rides to guest services they sure do a poor job of spreading the word. I've never heard that suggestion from the park, not on my ticket, not on my season pass, not on the park map, not from any park employee or announcement in 35+ years.
Twirling Ribbons