Things that are not functional at Lagoon...
I think the idea is if you feel like something isn't right during your visit, you can stop by Guest Services to talk to someone about it. I've never gone to Guest Services personally because the once or twice I've encountered an issue, the employees/supervisors have always resolved my concern.
(08-01-2019, 07:59 PM)Willenator Wrote: The usual suspect is the chain attached to the pin that goes in the door. I've heard those clank against the sides before. The positioning of the car in your description leads me to believe it could have been that.

I think it would almost be more beneficial to let the ride operator know. If the operator doesn't take it seriously then locate a supervisor or take it to Guest Services. I feel like things can be handled much faster by talking to the employee on the ride when a concern arises.
As a guest of Lagoon, I have always found it best to speak to a member of management if an issue arises that needs to be addressed immediately. This has sometimes resulted in going to Guest Services. It has been my experience that Lagoon's Management has always been thankful for bringing the matter to their attention and it has always been my experience that the situation is addressed/rectified immediately. I learned this from people who had long worked at and visited Lagoon, back in 1997. This was also something that was suggested on rec.rollercoaster waaaay back in the day, predating most coaster/park enthusiast websites.

As an Area Lead at Lagoon, this was often the way I and many others learned about an important issue we needed to immediately address, if it had not been addressed to an operator/attendant, crew lead, or area lead. Management was always kept in the loop regardless if it was reported to an operator/attendant, crew lead, or area lead anyway.
(08-01-2019, 09:32 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: If Lagoon wants guests to report perceived issues with rides to guest services they sure do a poor job of spreading the word. I've never heard that suggestion from the park, not on my ticket, not on my season pass, not on the park map, not from any park employee or announcement in 35+ years.
No one ever implied Lagoon was suggesting anything. lol This has always been something regular park goers to any park have used to address situations. I still follow this rule when visiting any other park, and it has never failed, and I and others who have worked at the park, have suggested this idea since even before LagoonisFun or LagoonFans existed. From personal experience, this has always been the best practice to follow and I still and will always suggest it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-01-2019, 07:59 PM)Willenator Wrote: The usual suspect is the chain attached to the pin that goes in the door. I've heard those clank against the sides before. The positioning of the car in your description leads me to believe it could have been that.

I think it would almost be more beneficial to let the ride operator know. If the operator doesn't take it seriously then locate a supervisor or take it to Guest Services. I feel like things can be handled much faster by talking to the employee on the ride when a concern arises.

Oh no... it was not the door... It was the car completely... I didn't say anything to the ride operator cause I didn't think that much about it until we had walked away and I was talking to the wife about it.... She said that he car was fine...

The best way that I can describe it now that I am sitting at my computer at home was like on a truck/car with rear wheel drive and the drive shift U joint has worn out and there is that slight pause where the power is not getting all the way to the tires...
I would have reported it, but like I said we had walked away and I was thinking of this topic and was also going to report that the Whales and Dolphins was not squirting water...
On a side note though. I see that they got the water fall working on Cannibal

Also on the train they had both trains running, but I heard one of the supervisors saying that they just need to keep the air breaks on. I don't think that the one train was running perfectly or something to that fact.
Cool thing that happened was one of the Lions Roared at us when we went by and everyone was excited that it happened!
(08-02-2019, 12:39 AM)DeLorean Wrote: On a side note though. I see that they got the water fall working on Cannibal

Also on the train they had both trains running, but I heard one of the supervisors saying that they just need to keep the air breaks on. I don't think that the one train was running perfectly or something to that fact.
Cannibal's Waterfall has been operational for a month now.

Pretty sure what you heard at the train had nothing to do with the air brakes. What you most likely heard was a reference to the "Air" or "Blower" that is used when building pressure, as the straight air brakes cannot be kept on without depleting the air supply, very quickly I might add, when left on. Additionally, unless you are familiar with the operation of propane fired Crown locomotives, and steam locomotives in general, it's highly unlikely for an average person to know precisely what is being discussed in any context. Some people still ask if "gas" is being put in the tender and if the water is just to make steam to make the locomotive "appear real." Thanks Universal....NOT! lol

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(08-02-2019, 01:29 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Cannibal's Waterfall has been operational for a month now.

Pretty sure what you heard at the train had nothing to do with the air brakes. What you most likely heard was a reference to the "Air" or "Blower" that is used when building pressure, as the straight air brakes cannot be kept on without depleting the air supply, very quickly I might add, when left on. Additionally, unless you are familiar with the operation of propane fired Crown locomotives, and steam locomotives in general, it's highly unlikely for an average person to know precisely what is being discussed in any context. Some people still ask if "gas" is being put in the tender and if the water is just to make steam to make the locomotive "appear real." Thanks Universal....NOT! lol

Not completely true as I rode Cannibal on July 15th and the waterfall was off.

So your telling me that the steam I see coming off the engine is actually was powers a "Steam" engine?!?! WOW Who Knew Wink Laugh
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(08-02-2019, 07:09 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Not completely true as I rode Cannibal on July 15th and the waterfall was off.

So your telling me that the steam I see coming off the engine is actually was powers a "Steam" engine?!?! WOW Who Knew Wink
Operational doesn't always mean the Waterfall is flowing, weather and other factors permitting.

(08-02-2019, 10:00 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Operational doesn't always mean the Waterfall is flowing, weather and other factors permitting.

It ws a warm non windy day. I haven't seen it on this whole season thus far.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(08-02-2019, 12:16 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: It ws a warm non windy day. I haven't seen it on this whole season thus far.
Neither have I...
(08-02-2019, 12:39 AM)DeLorean Wrote: Oh no... it was not the door... It was the car completely... I didn't say anything to the ride operator cause I didn't think that much about it until we had walked away and I was talking to the wife about it.... She said that he car was fine...

The best way that I can describe it now that I am sitting at my computer at home was like on a truck/car with rear wheel drive and the drive shift U joint has worn out and there is that slight pause where the power is not getting all the way to the tires...

Fascinating. I used to know that ride really well and can't think of what would cause that. If I had my season pass this year, I'd go to the park just to watch that car and figure it out. lol
(08-02-2019, 12:16 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: It ws a warm non windy day. I haven't seen it on this whole season thus far.
(08-02-2019, 03:53 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Neither have I...
You both are obviously not spending as much time at the park as I am, and that is an unequivocal fact. lol