Frisbee ride accident in Ahmedabad, India; 2 fatalities
Saw this as I was perusing the news today.  The video is pretty unbelievable.  From what I've seen, it's not a major frisbee manufacturer, but a cheaper international clone.  In addition to the two fatalities, quite a few injuries as well.

https://fox13now.com/2019/07/15/video-sh...zens-more/

Here's the YouTube video in case the embedded Twitter one in the story doesn't work for you:
Here's something very similar that happened 2 weeks ago.

https://metro.co.uk/video/girl-dies-them...n-1955826/
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-17-2019, 10:28 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Here's something very similar that happened 2 weeks ago.

https://metro.co.uk/video/girl-dies-them...n-1955826/

Geez... remind me not to ever get on a knock-off Frisbee.  How heartbreaking...
I barely trust the real ones. They all look like that might happen. Nobody needs to tell me they are safe, I get it. Not being sure is a major part of the fun of rides. But this sucks. I hope any park with a knock-off rips them out. With these happening just two weeks apart it's highly likely to happen again.
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-17-2019, 09:14 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Saw this as I was perusing the news today.  The video is pretty unbelievable.  From what I've seen, it's not a major frisbee manufacturer, but a cheaper international clone.  In addition to the two fatalities, quite a few injuries as well.

https://fox13now.com/2019/07/15/video-sh...zens-more/

Here's the YouTube video in case the embedded Twitter one in the story doesn't work for you:

A good rule to follow is NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ride ANYTHING in Africa or Asia (Except South Korea and Japan.).
(07-20-2019, 01:18 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: A good rule to follow is NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ride ANYTHING in Africa or Asia (Except South Korea and Japan.).

I would totally do Universal Singapore and the Chinese Disneylands and those Zamperla rides in North Korea and probably more...

I rode a Huss Giant Frisbee in Japan but I'll avoid the knock offs anywhere. Giant Frisbees look like they shouldn't even exist, and unless they're extremely well built and taken care of they probably shouldn't.
Twirling Ribbons 
(07-20-2019, 02:11 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I would totally do Universal Singapore and the Chinese Disneylands and those Zamperla rides in North Korea and probably more...

I rode a Huss Giant Frisbee in Japan but I'll avoid the knock offs anywhere. Giant Frisbees look like they shouldn't even exist, and unless they're extremely well built and taken care of they probably shouldn't.
I absolutely agree. I don't think it's fair to deem everything in those countries as unsafe, but I'd stay away from certain rides too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(07-20-2019, 01:18 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: A good rule to follow is NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ride ANYTHING in Africa or Asia (Except South Korea and Japan.).
You do realize that Asia is the largest market for Western ride manufacturers, such as S&S, Premier, B&M, MACK, ZIERER, Zamperla, HUSS Park Attractions, Vekoma, etc., right?
(07-20-2019, 03:45 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: I absolutely agree. I don't think it's fair to deem everything in those countries as unsafe, but I'd stay away from certain rides too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
You and JetStar2 have the right idea. Be aware of who manufactured the ride you are going to ride.

It should also be said that the Chinese Government are beginning to take ride safety seriously and they have stepped up inspections and have found manufacturing defects in domestic and foreign rides a like. One MACK Blue Fire clone was found to have manufacturing defects in many segments of the running track fairly recently.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Those poor people that were on that ride. It's horrifying to watch. Imagine how much worse it would have been if it was in it's full ride cycle (and up higher) when that happened. I do not know if Lagoon has plans to install one in the future and how these accidents have affected that.
(07-20-2019, 06:58 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You do realize that Asia is the largest market for Western ride manufacturers, such as S&S, Premier, B&M, MACK, ZIERER, Zamperla, HUSS Park Attractions, Vekoma, etc., right?You and JetStar2 have the right idea. Be aware of who manufactured the ride you are going to ride.

It should also be said that the Chinese Government are beginning to take ride safety seriously and they have stepped up inspections and have found manufacturing defects in domestic and foreign rides a like. One MACK Blue Fire clone was found to have manufacturing defects in many segments of the running track fairly recently.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
I understand that Asia is a large market for ride manufacturers, but because of the fact that most of the rides aren't properly maintained, (like the one in the incident) they should be avoided... especially Dizzy Love and Whirling Passion (POV: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n4xpr5-O0y8 ). That thing has the most sloppily made elements of ANY coaster. Those in-line twists are death.