Lagoon Revamped....
So here is a good topic for discussion. Lagoon adds new rides most years and small areas are given new life in the process but nothing ever rather large. Now with the addition of the Biergarten being a rather large revival of a "dead" corner of the park. What other "dead" areas would you like to see given new life and what would you do?
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
This is more of a ride revamp, but maybe a complete overhaul of the train? They could donate the animals to Hogle and build great show scenes with animatronics.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
PV and LAB are not in good shape. The northeast corner could also be revamped, but I think it is quiet by design.

-Z
A few years back I suggested they theme the southern midway to a German fair theme and now that they've kind of done that it would be awesome if they did some of the other suggestions I've made...

Turn all of the area around Gametime into a haunted area including a themed Dracula's courtyard put in a magic shop in Gametime and completely cover the building with spooky facades. (I think this is the most likely of my list to really happen).

Cohesively theme the North Midway to a jungle (linearinduction suggested giving Screamer a Tree theme to fit in with this which I think would be sweet!)

Re-theme the Wild Kingdom train adding new tunnels, rockwork, crystal caverns, animatronics and waterfalls. Put a pirate themed boat ride like Jaws in the lagoon.

Add a story and animatronics to Rattlesnake Rapids with an army of hissing rattlesnakes as you approach the big waterfall, and also a T-Rex somewhere on the ride lol.

Turn the 4 equal sized square buildings/terraces (including Davis pavilion) into 4 different less-scary dark rides with fantasy facades as a kiddieland extension. Build a 'castle' centered to the north of those buildings to serve some of the same functions as the former pavilions. One dark ride should feature Lagoon's characters... Colossus, Puff, Jumping Dragon, Z the Dragon, Ladybug, Bumble Bee, Bulgy, etc.

Build an old west themed dark ride on the site of the PV 'Zoo' with a bridge across the creek for access next to the blacksmith shop.

I'll have to think about what to do with LAB for a while...
Twirling Ribbons 
(08-23-2019, 03:27 PM)Z Wrote: PV and LAB are not in good shape. The northeast corner could also be revamped, but I think it is quiet by design.

-Z

I agree PV and LAB both need to be given some love. PV needs restoration and no out of place food signs, no matter how good the food is.

(08-23-2019, 03:29 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: A few years back I suggested they theme the southern midway to a German fair theme and now that they've kind of done that it would be awesome if they did some of the other suggestions I've made...

Turn all of the area around Gametime into a haunted area including a themed Dracula's courtyard put in a magic shop in Gametime and completely cover the building with spooky facades. (I think this is the most likely of my list to really happen).

Cohesively theme the North Midway to a jungle (linearinduction suggested giving Screamer a Tree theme to fit in with this which I think would be sweet!)

Re-theme the Wild Kingdom train adding new tunnels, rockwork, crystal caverns, animatronics and waterfalls. Put a pirate themed boat ride like Jaws in the lagoon.

Add a story and animatronics to Rattlesnake Rapids with an army of hissing rattlesnakes as you approach the big waterfall, and also a T-Rex somewhere on the ride lol.

Turn the 4 equal sized square buildings/terraces (including Davis pavilion) into 4 different less-scary dark rides with fantasy facades as a kiddieland extension. Build a 'castle' centered to the north of those buildings to serve some of the same functions as the former pavilions. One dark ride should feature Lagoon's characters... Colossus, Puff, Jumping Dragon, Z the Dragon, Ladybug, Bumble Bee, Bulgy, etc.

Build an old west themed dark ride on the site of the PV 'Zoo' with a bridge across the creek for access next to the blacksmith shop.

All awesome ideas!

I think Lagoon would benefit from a revamp of Kiddy land somehow as I spend alot of time there nowadays and it needs some love. I think GG Family woodie would be sweet for the park. I've started playing around with a design but haven't decided where it could realistically go yet. This is just the beginning of another NL Lagoon project.  I like working on coasters under 100 feet as it makes for a more creative challenge to get more excitement out of a coaster where your not getting a ton of energy out of the first drop.

[Image: 559e4e9c8ae5e6af88627c5ac902a78b.png]
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(08-23-2019, 03:56 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I think Lagoon would benefit from a revamp of Kiddy land somehow as I spend alot of time there nowadays and it needs some love. I think GG Family woodie would be sweet for the park. I've started playing around with a design but haven't decided where it could realistically go yet. This is just the beginning of another NL Lagoon project.

Kiddy land is definitely too cramped! I am surprised they haven't been dinged by the Fire Marshall over ingress/egress issues, which are aggravated significantly by the strollers in the area.

One other area I was thinking about is Lagoon Lake. It needs to be treated as an asset rather than a black hole where no rides/attractions, etc. can go. Disney has lakes/rivers in both Disneyland and California Adventure and has figured out how to make them important parts of the park experience, not that I expect Lagoon to create World of Color or Fantasmic, but they need to figure out something that isn't an aerator to keep the fish from dying, a thing you walk past on the way to RSR/Log Flume, or ride past on the train. I miss the skeeter boats!

-Z
(08-23-2019, 03:29 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: A few years back I suggested they theme the southern midway to a German fair theme and now that they've kind of done that it would be awesome if they did some of the other suggestions I've made...

I do like the idea of adding some kind of boat ride in the lagoon. I've also thought for some time that rattlesnake rapids needs a rattlesnake animatronic. I thought it would be cool in the mist/rapids tunnel. It's called Rattlesnake Rapids but you never see the snake you're supposed to be afraid of.
I think everything south of dragonfly needs a update.
Like what they did with bulgy.
I also think Pioneer Village needs some love.
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
Maybe they could move the opera house to the back of Pioneer Village where the entrance to the Stagecoach was and put a ride where the opera house is currently and also put some picnic terraces in the middle of Rattlesnake Rapids.
(08-23-2019, 05:52 PM)A00967505 Wrote: Maybe they could move the opera house to the back of Pioneer Village where the entrance to the Stagecoach was and put a ride where the opera house is currently and also put some picnic terraces in the middle of Rattlesnake Rapids.

How about just using the opera house in general... They could do a Halloween type of show in there!