Lagoon Revamped....
(08-27-2019, 01:24 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Preach!  People probably think I'm crazy, but you definitely form a spiritual bond with the locos.  Houston was kind of a grouch; never did like working with him much, but he would get the job done.  But Meriwether?  She was my best gal.  We had some amazing chats, especially in the quiet times in the morning while firing.  She had a rough day once when I was on break, but I always took good care of her, and she returned the favor.  I still have an old sight glass from her in my keepsakes (thanks, Homer!)

People would always complain about how finicky the locos were, but you just had to know them better.  Once you took the time to know their quirks and how they liked to be run, you were just fine.
Homer passed away recently from what I've heard.
Same with Bob king. Bob passed away this last winter. And then from what I've heard Homer passed away like 3 week ago or so. But Sid might know better than I do about Homer. 
Anyone that worked with both of these men knew they were both great mechanics at Lagoon. 
Roller coaster was Bob's ride for like 20 plus years.
I don't know Homer's last name so I couldn't look it up.
https://www.standard.net/announcements/o...a92e9.html
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
That's sad news. I always enjoyed talking to Homer every now and then.
(08-27-2019, 02:02 PM)CPrider Wrote: Homer passed away recently from what I've heard.
Same with Bob king. Bob passed away this last winter. And then from what I've heard Homer passed away like 3 week ago or so. But Sid might know better than I do about Homer. 
Anyone that worked with both of these men knew they were both great mechanics at Lagoon. 
Roller coaster was Bob's ride for like 20 plus years.
I don't know Homer's last name so I couldn't look it up.
https://www.standard.net/announcements/o...a92e9.html

That's really sad to hear.   Cry  I ran into a family friend from Maintenance a few weeks back and was asking about him; I'd heard he wasn't doing so well.  He was a great guy; always loved spending time with him both in Rides and in Maintenance.  Haven't seen him for years.  I'll have to see if I can find his obit, too.
(08-27-2019, 05:39 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: That's really sad to hear.   Cry  I ran into a family friend from Maintenance a few weeks back and was asking about him; I'd heard he wasn't doing so well.  He was a great guy; always loved spending time with him both in Rides and in Maintenance.  Haven't seen him for years.  I'll have to see if I can find his obit, too.
I'm only at the park a couple times a month working because I live in California now so I don't get the full in the loop. Like I used to. So
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!