The never ending animal thread
I think we should all be grateful that the Freed family has such a deep love for this park and has kept it privately owned though all of the ups and down during their tenure. I have a lot of faith in the future of Lagoon with what I've seen Julie doing in the past few years. I think the park is in very good hands.
The animal rights protestors actually set up a booth at the Salt Lake Comic Con telling everyone to boycott Lagoon. It was really annoying especially because of how popular it was, which I think explains at least in part why reviews on their Facebook page are turned off. People are getting all worked up into a frenzy. Rolleyes I don’t think they should’ve been allowed a booth there. They have nothing to do with artists, authors, or nerd culture in general.

I had considered wearing one of my Lagoon shirts that morning, but opted for my SFDK shirt instead. Kinda wish I had worn it now. Tongue

There was also a group of protestors that met at Ezra Clark Park towards the end of August. I was walking to my car shortly before the park opened and had to wait for them to move so I could back out.
(09-26-2019, 06:49 PM)EdgarAllanPooh Wrote: The animal rights protestors actually set up a booth at the Salt Lake Comic Con telling everyone to boycott Lagoon. It was really annoying especially because of how popular it was, which I think explains at least in part why reviews on their Facebook page are turned off. People are getting all worked up into a frenzy. Rolleyes I don’t think they should’ve been allowed a booth there. They have nothing to do with artists, authors, or nerd culture in general.

I had considered wearing one of my Lagoon shirts that morning, but opted for my SFDK shirt instead. Kinda wish I had worn it now. 

There was also a group of protestors that met at Ezra Clark Park towards the end of August. I was walking to my car shortly before the park opened and had to wait for them to move so I could back out.
FanX will never turn down a dollar, especially after blowing their lawsuit with San Diego Comic Con. What morons!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(09-26-2019, 06:49 PM)EdgarAllanPooh Wrote: The animal rights protestors actually set up a booth at the Salt Lake Comic Con telling everyone to boycott Lagoon.

I for one support people wanting to boycott Lagoon. If they can get the crowd levels to drop a bit then I'm all for it. Happy
(09-27-2019, 10:43 AM)Willenator Wrote: I for one support people wanting to boycott Lagoon. If they can get the crowd levels to drop a bit then I'm all for it. Happy

Win
(09-27-2019, 10:43 AM)Willenator Wrote: I for one support people wanting to boycott Lagoon. If they can get the crowd levels to drop a bit then I'm all for it. Happy

A new midway say going towards a new ride might help out with crowd levels.

Just something that I heard that might be coming!
(10-01-2019, 03:34 PM)DeLorean Wrote: A new midway say going towards a new ride might help out with crowd levels.

Just something that I heard that might be coming!
You mean something that Julie Freed confirmed last week?

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-01-2019, 06:27 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You mean something that Julie Freed confirmed last week?

Feh.  I heard it from the Dippin' Dots guy two years ago.
(10-01-2019, 08:22 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Feh.  I heard it from the Dippin' Dots guy two years ago.
Braden is the Dippin Dots Guy!
Wasn't it rather obvious they'd have to expand the Midway over to Primordial anyway?