S&S drop Towers.
So I rode Supreme Scream (S&S Tower) at Knott's Berry Farm this afternoon. 
The locks on the restraints are now locked mechanically now. Instead of hydraulically like they used to. Has Lagoon made the switch over or has anyone else noticed any other (S&S towers) that made the switch over?
It's interesting to have to push down and pull up on your restraint on a S&S Tower.
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
(09-23-2019, 02:45 PM)CPrider Wrote: So I rode Supreme Scream (S&S Tower) at Knott's Berry Farm this afternoon. 
The locks on the restraints are now locked mechanically now. Instead of hydraulically like they used to. Has Lagoon made the switch over or has anyone else noticed any other (S&S towers) that made the switch over?
It's interesting to have to push down and pull up on your restraint on a S&S Tower.
I visited Knott's today, and was talking to my sister about the ratchet restraints as we were boarding Supreme Scream. The ride operator overheard, and said that the new ratchet restraints are less complicated, it puts less stress and weight on the car, and helps larger passengers board easier. It sounds like something that would be cool if Lagoon ever decides to do at some point!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(09-26-2019, 11:30 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: I visited Knott's today, and was talking to my sister about the ratchet restraints as we were boarding Supreme Scream. The ride operator overheard, and said that the new ratchet restraints are less complicated, it puts less stress and weight on the car, and helps larger passengers board easier. It sounds like something that would be cool if Lagoon ever decides to do at some point!

Lagoon would have to do that on their own though, because S&S and Lagoon do not work together.
(09-26-2019, 11:45 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Lagoon would have to do that on their own though, because S&S and Lagoon do not work together.

We don't really know this as a fact though, and I think it has been repeated so much that everyone just believes it. Was there a falling out between the two companies in the past? Yes, but business relationships change over time. S&S is a different company today than it was back then. I'm sure if Lagoon wanted the new restraints they could get them.
Absolutely true. I think it was last summer that S&S rented out a pavilion at the park.

(09-27-2019, 11:07 AM)Willenator Wrote: We don't really know this as a fact though, and I think it has been repeated so much that everyone just believes it. Was there a falling out between the two companies in the past? Yes, but business relationships change over time. S&S is a different company today than it was back then. I'm sure if Lagoon wanted the new restraints they could get them.
This is absolutely correct, and Lagoon was in the right, IMO, over the initial fall out. Lagoon works with S&S and their parts department as needed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Re entry was closed opening day due to a restraint issue. Maybe it's something the park is considering? It's really not a big deal though. It probably wouldn't be too cost effective.

(10-01-2019, 09:26 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Re entry was closed opening day due to a restraint issue. Maybe it's something the park is considering? It's really not a big deal though. It probably wouldn't be too cost effective.

Who told you it was a "restraint issue?"

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-01-2019, 10:17 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Who told you it was a "restraint issue?"

The dipndots guy.

Actually, we got stuck on JetStar2 that morning. We had a supervisor run up and talk to us before we moved off the lift. I asked if re-entry would open today, and she said it probably wouldn't because mechanics were looking at an issue with the restraint system.

Just what I was told. Could be wrong. I'm no mechanic lol