Six Flags buying Cedar Fair?!?
Six Flags is reportedly showing interest in merging with Cedar Fair. I have very mixed feelings about this. What do you guys think?

Here is an article from the Sandusky Register:
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/story/201910020020

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(10-02-2019, 04:22 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Six Flags is reportedly showing interest in merging with Cedar Fair. I have very mixed feelings about this. What do you guys think?

Here is an article from the Sandusky Register:
http://www.sanduskyregister.com/story/201910020020

If this does happen I just wish it was the other way around.
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
Meh - Six flags and Disney are getting too big... Universal (at least in FL) is pretty big too...I remember when six flags had to file for bankruptcy and based on recent economic tension in the UK right now I wouldn't be trying to buy out another company.
I found it interesting that multiple airlines have ceased business in 2019 already and yes it may not impact us much here in Utah it has had an impact on Disney world.
Honestly everyone is saying that Star wars land has been a flop, but I don't think that it is...I think that people are just a little more worried about their money and that will effect travel and theme parks.
So if I was six flags I wouldn't be looking at doing this!

On a side note... I thought that our flights (Which has a lay over in Heathrow) would have more seats taken up, but right now it's pretty empty. I l know that I still have like 130 more days, but now they are offering an upgrade at a lower price...depending on how low the upgrade price gets I may have to upgrade
(10-02-2019, 05:17 PM)CPrider Wrote: If this does happen I just wish it was the other way around.
I agree. Cedar Fair's management would be a blessing to Six Flags.

I just can't see this happening! This seems really weird to have Six Flags own all of these parks. I can't imagine Cedar Point operated by Six Flags.

It will be interesting to see if it goes any further than the proposal from Six Flags and Cedar Fair considering it. I for one do not want to see this happen.
If 90% of the amusement parks in the country were owned by the same company there would always be a chance of that company folding and shutting down all the parks at once.
Twirling Ribbons 
(10-03-2019, 09:47 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: If 90% of the amusement parks in the country were owned by the same company there would always be a chance of that company folding and shutting down all the parks at once.
I think we will see parks die. 
This explains things a little more. I think this is what is happening.

https://youtu.be/YeIrWvcrPXU
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
(10-02-2019, 07:17 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: I agree. Cedar Fair's management would be a blessing to Six Flags.

I just can't see this happening! This seems really weird to have Six Flags own all of these parks. I can't imagine Cedar Point operated by Six Flags.

I’d love to see Cedar Fair style management at Six Flags. I would hate to see it the other way around. Wells Fargo, one of Cedar Fair’s investors has spoken out against the acquisition of Cedar Fair by Six Flags.
(10-03-2019, 02:12 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I’d love to see Cedar Fair style management at Six Flags. I would hate to see it the other way around. Wells Fargo, one of Cedar Fair’s investors has spoken out against the acquisition of Cedar Fair by Six Flags.
Wells Fargo said it was a "stretch". That's all.

Cedar Fair turned down the offer today.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits Designs