Gondala crash
I don't know how this could even have happened....But it did. I don't think that they had all of the bugs worked out yet

https://wdwnt.com/2019/10/breaking-an-ac...t-station/

Maybe these just work better for the mountains and Skiing
I was watching Twitter last night as it was playing out. Was interesting to see. Someone had shared a small video clip showing the yellow cabins pushing into the aqua one causing damage, so my guess is the cable between the stations stopped moving, but the system in the station that moves the gondolas around and back onto the cable kept operating causing the backup to occur. Luckily no one was hurt, but there were a lot of people stuck for 3 to 4 hours. They were doing evacuations until they resolved the issue in the station and started moving the ride again. I wonder how long the ride will be down for.
(10-06-2019, 10:37 AM)DeLorean Wrote: I don't know how this could even have happened....But it did. I don't think that they had all of the bugs worked out yet

https://wdwnt.com/2019/10/breaking-an-ac...t-station/

Maybe these just work better for the mountains and Skiing
This literally happens on every detach Skyway at least once a year. What happens is the drive Motors aren't going the speed of the whole rope so the chair doesn't reattach to the whole rope and it causes a pile up it's really common. I don't know how many times I seen the same exact thing happened up at Brighton.
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
I understand the physic's of it all... but shouldn't there have been a safety to stop/slow down the station to prevent the gondolas from crashing into each other.
I will say that this is more complicated then a normal Ski lift though.
(10-07-2019, 05:34 PM)DeLorean Wrote: I understand the physic's of it all... but shouldn't there have been a safety to stop/slow down the station to prevent the gondolas from crashing into each other.
I will say that this is more complicated then a normal Ski lift though.
With skyways the operator is the safety system Wink
No same technology the drive Wheels aren't spinning fast enough and it caused the pile up or a drive wheel went out. Thats what happened. And ski lifts that have anti-collision on them have more downtime than up time on them. Disney probably put their own operating system on it so.... who knows what kinda of messed up operating system Disney probably put on it....
Also unlike roller coasters the operating system and safety system are completely different.
Safety system is the operator.
Operating system for Doppelmayr skiways is a program that was written back in 2007 that they put on all their Skyways so.
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!