Food and food related
We live in Utah... I am no expert, but that way that I heard it is that there really isn't any good Coffee (or beer) in Utah. LOL
(10-13-2019, 03:10 PM)DeLorean Wrote: We live in Utah... I am no expert, but that way that I heard it is that there really isn't any good Coffee (or beer) in Utah. LOL
There is plenty of good beer in the state. You just have to go to the liquor store to get it. That will partially change Nov 1st.
(10-13-2019, 02:47 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: I just want good coffee. My preference would be Jessie Jean's (but I'm a little miffed with them for ditching Roy anyway) or a Seattle's Best franchise. At this point I'd even settle for Starbucks; I just need my breve, especially during pre-season and Frightmares.
So you want Starbucks and Starbucks? lol
(10-13-2019, 12:55 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I was told once that the coffee from the snack bar by Beaver Tails serves Starbucks coffee as Dave Freed requested it.
That may have been the case, but it is now Olympus Roasters.
(10-13-2019, 03:10 PM)DeLorean Wrote: We live in Utah... I am no expert, but that way that I heard it is that there really isn't any good Coffee (or beer) in Utah. LOL
Apparently you haven't visited Hoppers or Bohemian. Utah has many micro breweries that have consistently won medals.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I'm still a fan of beans and brew and its local.
(10-15-2019, 09:37 AM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I'm still a fan of beans and brew and its local.

Coffee is just plain yuck. Its like drinking dirt.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(10-15-2019, 09:23 AM)linearinduction Wrote: So you want Starbucks and Starbucks? lol

Heck no.  I said I wanted *good* coffee; I'd *settle* for Starbucks if it was the only choice as it's better than nothing.  I actually really used to like Seattle's Best -- there was a small stand up here in Riverdale for a few years a long time ago, but it didn't hold on for very long.
(10-15-2019, 12:14 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Heck no.  I said I wanted *good* coffee; I'd *settle* for Starbucks if it was the only choice as it's better than nothing.  I actually really used to like Seattle's Best -- there was a small stand up here in Riverdale for a few years a long time ago, but it didn't hold on for very long.
But Seattle's Best is Starbucks. lol Now, as long as they don't change Costa, we should be good.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Has anyone purchased one of those popcorn buckets?
I was really closed to purchase one (Even if just for a keep sake), but I never had the money and by the time I did it was late in the season
(10-15-2019, 03:44 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Has anyone purchased one of those popcorn buckets?
I was really closed to purchase one (Even if just for a keep sake), but I never had the money and by the time I did it was late in the season
Yes! I did. Here is what happened when I got one.

I don't make it to Lagoon super often, since I live in SE Idaho. I've made it 6 times this year, which is definitely an all time high for me.

Anyways, I bought a bucket when I visited in late July. It's a cool bucket, with a lot of pictures of Lagoon on it. I knew I'd be visiting the park in August, so I got a bucket because I love popcorn!

When we visited in August, the popcorn machine was broken at the entrance Coke stand by Drac. Apparently there are only two machines in the whole park, so the dude told me to go to the Dole Whip in Coke Plaza, but they said they gave their machine to the other guys since their original one had broken. I went back to the first stand and told the employee that it was down at the Dole Whip too. He said I was out of luck since there wasn't another machine in the park, and there's would be broken for at least a week.

I hate to be a complainer, but I went to Guest Services because that would be one expensive popcorn that I bought in July. I talked to the lady there, and she offered me a free popcorn refill the next time I visited the park. I didn't have plans to go to the park for Frightmares, so that was useless. I asked her if I could have a voucher for something else and ended up getting a free Dole Whip lol.

When I was leaving the park, the popcorn machine was working by the exit. I was going to refill it, but someone had left the park early and took the bucket. So much for it being broken for a week.

I know this is a rare occurrence, but the employees at Guest Services really handled it good. I have no complaints! I don't blame the food service guy either. He was just doing what he was told.

Overall, I think it's a solid deal if you're gonna be at the park multiple times, and you love getting popcorn while you're at the park.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(10-15-2019, 04:37 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Yes! I did. Here is what happened when I got one.

I don't make it to Lagoon super often, since I live in SE Idaho. I've made it 6 times this year, which is definitely an all time high for me.

Anyways, I bought a bucket when I visited in late July. It's a cool bucket, with a lot of pictures of Lagoon on it. I knew I'd be visiting the park in August, so I got a bucket because I love popcorn!

When we visited in August, the popcorn machine was broken at the entrance Coke stand by Drac. Apparently there are only two machines in the whole park, so the dude told me to go to the Dole Whip in Coke Plaza, but they said they gave their machine to the other guys since their original one had broken. I went back to the first stand and told the employee that it was down at the Dole Whip too. He said I was out of luck since there wasn't another machine in the park, and there's would be broken for at least a week.

I hate to be a complainer, but I went to Guest Services because that would be one expensive popcorn that I bought in July. I talked to the lady there, and she offered me a free popcorn refill the next time I visited the park. I didn't have plans to go to the park for Frightmares, so  that was useless. I asked her if I could have a voucher for something else and ended up getting a free Dole Whip lol.

When I was leaving the park, the popcorn machine was working by the exit. I was going to refill it, but someone had left the park early and took the bucket. So much for it being broken for a week.

I know this is a rare occurrence, but the employees at Guest Services really handled it good. I have no complaints! I don't blame the food service guy either. He was just doing what he was told.

Overall, I think it's a solid deal if you're gonna be at the park multiple times, and you love getting popcorn while you're at the park.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
OH We love popcorn at our house and have a stand up popcorn machine like they have at Lagoon... So that's probably why I didn't purchase popcorn at the park, but I just might have to get a bucket next year!
They really should offer a discount on food for Pass holders!