New Ride for 2020
This discussion has come up before in the Crazy Bus Finally Happening? topic. DragonTamer mentioned east of Jumping Dragon. I kind of feel like that spot makes the most sense.
(10-23-2019, 04:09 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: You should do some footage on the roller coaster section rebuild when that gets started! I'd love to see that. Does anyone know what part of the ride is gonna be rebuilt this year?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Win
(10-23-2019, 11:48 PM)Willenator Wrote: This discussion has come up before in the Crazy Bus Finally Happening? topic. DragonTamer mentioned east of Jumping Dragon. I kind of feel like that spot makes the most sense.

I agree, but I just don't know what they are going to do with all of the tree's that are in that area.

If someone gets word of the location that it's going to be installed let me know.
Last year I was really pushing how far my drone would go (It's just a little DJI spark). I would like a bigger drone that can go farther, but that is just not in the cards. So I have to use what I got and the great thing about this new program is that I can program it to fly a set path and return back and if I do lose connection with the remote I don't have to worry.
I already set up a flight path for the Roller coaster and Primordial. I am going to set up another flight plan that will do a complete 360 of Primordial for when they are not working on it.
(10-23-2019, 05:38 PM)DeLorean Wrote: How does this look?
https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=Z21n8AyGQP#

Just looked at this. It looks fantastic! When do you think you're gonna head to the park for drone footage?
(10-23-2019, 11:48 PM)Willenator Wrote: This discussion has come up before in the Crazy Bus Finally Happening? topic. DragonTamer mentioned east of Jumping Dragon. I kind of feel like that spot makes the most sense.
That's where I was thinking when I said by Bombora. Would be a good spot for it.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(10-24-2019, 12:05 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Just looked at this. It looks fantastic! When do you think you're gonna head to the park for drone footage?

Possibly Sunday so that I can get footage with no construction workers.
It may just be a "Lets see if this works" type of flight and then come home to adjust for next flight
(10-24-2019, 08:53 AM)DeLorean Wrote: I agree, but I just don't know what they are going to do with all of the tree's that are in that area.

If someone gets word of the location that it's going to be installed let me know.
Last year I was really pushing how far my drone would go (It's just a little DJI spark). I would like a bigger drone that can go farther, but that is just not in the cards. So I have to use what I got and the great thing about this new program is that I can program it to fly a set path and return back and if I do lose connection with the remote I don't have to worry.
I already set up a flight path for the Roller coaster and Primordial. I am going to set up another flight plan that will do a complete 360 of Primordial for when they are not working on it.
Why would any trees have to be removed?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-24-2019, 01:20 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Why would any trees have to be removed?

Because that area has a lot of tree's and I don't know if the ride would fit there with out removing and/or trimming the tree's back
(10-24-2019, 02:06 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Because that area has a lot of tree's and I don't know if the ride would fit there with out removing and/or trimming the tree's back
It would and will.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-23-2019, 10:30 PM)linearinduction Wrote: ....and yet I watch my nephew ride it and am not concerned or notice it's age as you do.

I mean, if we're going to start age-shaming rides...

Merry-Go-Round (1906)
Roller Coaster (1921)
Flying Aces (1941)
Rock-O-Plane (1954)
Tilt-A-Whirl (1954)
Skyfighter (1954)
Speedway Jr. (1956)
Bulgy (1960)
Space Scrambler (1961)
Baby Boats (1963)
Helicopters (1963)
...too many rides...
Scalawags (1986)

Come to think of it, I was still working at Lagoon when they most-recently repainted Scalawags.  In the Paint shop, no less.  Same year that Musik got its current paint scheme.  So much sanding...