Yes please
I doubt that this would ever happen with current construction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY1vKWlv5Z4
(10-30-2019, 01:58 PM)DeLorean Wrote: I doubt that this would ever happen with current construction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY1vKWlv5Z4

This is a cool concept. Its something they were working on back when Stan Checketts still owned S&S. I hope its successful. To me it feels like a modern day arrow suspended coaster. Maybe we can get one of these over the Lagoon.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
That's cool. At first I thought they were using LSM's to launch it but it appears to be one on their air powered systems. It amazes me that it can reset that quickly.
(10-30-2019, 04:24 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: That's cool. At first I thought they were using LSM's to launch it but it appears to be one on their air powered systems. It amazes me that it can reset that quickly.

That white tank behind them I imagine is the holding tank for that air... That looks like a pretty large tank!
I would also imagine they they have a pretty big compressor at that shop too!
(10-30-2019, 05:08 PM)DeLorean Wrote: That white tank behind them I imagine is the holding tank for that air... That looks like a pretty large tank!
I would also imagine they they have a pretty big compressor at that shop too!

The compressor is sitting in a sound enclosure next to the tank. They have big pipes coming off the tank, which allows a high volume delivery when coupled with that tank. 

-Z
(10-30-2019, 08:26 PM)Z Wrote: The compressor is sitting in a sound enclosure next to the tank. They have big pipes coming off the tank, which allows a high volume delivery when coupled with that tank. 

-Z
Sorry I'm unfamiliar with the system they use. Does it employ a 'catch car'?. If It does I'm impressed it could move back to the start position and reconnect with the moving train that quickly. Anyway that launch system looks like it would take considerably less energy than one powered by LSMs.
I'm sure there's some creative way to use this in a super sweet themed ride... but as a roller coaster it seems like any suspended coaster would give you the same movement, the only difference is where you see the track at.
Twirling Ribbons 
(10-31-2019, 01:32 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Sorry I'm unfamiliar with the system they use. Does it employ a 'catch car'?. If It does I'm impressed it could move back to the start position and reconnect with the moving train that quickly. Anyway that launch system looks like it would take considerably less energy than one powered by LSMs.

It uses a catch car its basically rocket turned on its side. But they do require much less energy than lsm launches and are fastest acceleration launchs in the world.  Like Dodonpa in Japan goes from zero to 112 in 1.8 seconds. That is insane fast.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(10-31-2019, 07:06 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: It uses a catch car its basically rocket turned on its side. But they do require much less energy than lsm launches and are fastest acceleration launchs in the world.  Like Dodonpa in Japan goes from zero to 112 in 1.8 seconds. That is insane fast.
That's insane. Thank you for the information.
(10-31-2019, 07:06 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: It uses a catch car its basically rocket turned on its side. But they do require much less energy than lsm launches and are fastest acceleration launchs in the world.  Like Dodonpa in Japan goes from zero to 112 in 1.8 seconds. That is insane fast.

I don't know that they use less energy overall, but the peak energy load is far lower with a compressed air system, since you have power stored in the air tank to deliver to the train. The LIM will try to use capacitors to reduce the overall size of the power feed to match up with the concepts behind the air compressor system. Additionally, a LIM is more of a solid state system, meaning there are theoretically fewer mechanical issues (which you trade for generally more expensive electrical issues). Both systems will have power delivery efficiency losses though.

-Z