2019-2020 Off-Season Discussion
(11-04-2019, 06:28 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Man a monorail would be sweet. Will never happen but would be sweet.
But Main Street's still all cracked and broken!
(11-04-2019, 10:33 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You obviously haven't been paying close attention to this forum if you were not aware that an auto gate relocation was confirmed nearly a decade ago. lol

I kid though. Lagoon confirmed plans to relocate the Auto Gate to Park Lane in the future and turn the Overflow Lot into the new Main Lot. This has been something rumored since the late 1990s....to move the Auto Gates and Main Lots, and build a new Park Entrance, and expand the current park into the old Parking Lots A, B, & C. This seemed to be confirmed with the DTR Logo and Spider Logo Molded in Concrete facing the Parking Lots. It was also rumored the new Main Entrance would be located where the old White Barn was located.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
I think that would be a good place for the entrance. Another good place I think would be in the area where Hydro Luge used to be and where the old north restrooms were and where the samurai is and the area behind there and they could probably put the samurai in storage for a couple years then put it in the area currently occupied by some of the lockers and the first aid station.
(11-04-2019, 11:04 PM)A00967505 Wrote: I think that would be a good place for the entrance. Another good place I think would be in the area where Hydro Luge used to be and where the old north restrooms were and where the samurai is and the area behind there and they could probably put the samurai in storage for a couple years then put it in the area currently occupied by some of the lockers and the first aid station.
Except there's no need for Samurai to be put in storage, as evidenced by Screamer.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-04-2019, 10:59 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: But Main Street's still all cracked and broken!
I see what you did there.

The Tokyo Disney monorail is interesting. It just serves the hotels, the two parks, and the nearby commuter rail station... But it's not included with park entry, it's considered a regular public transit system and it costs $2.40 to ride.

An entrance between Cannibal and Primordial makes a lot more sense to me. They would frame the entrance nicely. I've assumed that's kind of the idea.
Twirling Ribbons 
No one knows how far north the midway expansion will be yet or if they plan on putting more attractions in that area. That would affect where the new entrance is placed. I see a parking structure coming in the future.
(11-05-2019, 02:33 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: No one knows how far north the midway expansion will be yet or if they plan on putting more attractions in that area. I would think that would affect where the new entrance is placed. I see a parking structure coming in the future.
If they ever decide to build a parking structure I think a good place for one would be near the Frontrunner station.
(11-05-2019, 03:06 AM)A00967505 Wrote: If they ever decide to build a parking structure I think a good place for one would be near the Frontrunner station.

There are already plans for a parking structure near the Frontrunner station. The whole Frontrunner lot will be replaced with a parking structure by Station Park in order to take the property that Chick-Fil-A sits on along with the property to the south and the remainder of the lot. It won't be much higher capacity than what is there. But why would you want a parking structure for Lagoon over at the Frontrunner lot? If there is going to be a structure for Lagoon, it makes far more sense to locate it immediately adjacent to the park, unless there are plans for major expansion.

The new entrance configuration was presented to Farmington City about 10 years ago and approved for the conceptual site plan for the park. I think there will also be reconfiguration Lagoon Drive, but I don't know what that entails. I believe that they will be building a lot more queuing area for cars before the auto gate to get the cars off the road where they impede traffic, which means portions of the parking area will be consumed by the auto gate. I think the biggest impediment to capacity at the current gate is getting cars through the choke point after the gate though, so they probably don't need significantly more gate or queue area. I still think that the best course of action to get more transit help would be a tunnel under all the tracks with a people mover to take people to the front gate. Perhaps they could use a steam train and make it fun. UDOT is already developing a plan for a pedestrian overpass, but I think it would be a better configuration to go beneath I-15. If Lagoon contributed to the project it could be quite nice.

-Z
(11-05-2019, 09:33 AM)Z Wrote: I still think that the best course of action to get more transit help would be a tunnel under all the tracks with a people mover to take people to the front gate. Perhaps they could use a steam train and make it fun. UDOT is already developing a plan for a pedestrian overpass, but I think it would be a better configuration to go beneath I-15. If Lagoon contributed to the project it could be quite nice.

-Z

That is what Silverwood does. Their parking is across the highway from the park and they have a walking tunnel down and under the highway. Lagoon situation seems a bit more complicated though.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(11-05-2019, 09:33 AM)Z Wrote: There are already plans for a parking structure near the Frontrunner station. The whole Frontrunner lot will be replaced with a parking structure by Station Park in order to take the property that Chick-Fil-A sits on along with the property to the south and the remainder of the lot. It won't be much higher capacity than what is there. But why would you want a parking structure for Lagoon over at the Frontrunner lot? If there is going to be a structure for Lagoon, it makes far more sense to locate it immediately adjacent to the park, unless there are plans for major expansion.

The new entrance configuration was presented to Farmington City about 10 years ago and approved for the conceptual site plan for the park. I think there will also be reconfiguration Lagoon Drive, but I don't know what that entails. I believe that they will be building a lot more queuing area for cars before the auto gate to get the cars off the road where they impede traffic, which means portions of the parking area will be consumed by the auto gate. I think the biggest impediment to capacity at the current gate is getting cars through the choke point after the gate though, so they probably don't need significantly more gate or queue area. I still think that the best course of action to get more transit help would be a tunnel under all the tracks with a people mover to take people to the front gate. Perhaps they could use a steam train and make it fun. UDOT is already developing a plan for a pedestrian overpass, but I think it would be a better configuration to go beneath I-15. If Lagoon contributed to the project it could be quite nice.

-Z
I think that if they built a parking structure over at the Frontrunner lot it would give the park more room to expand. I think that if they did that they should have the bottom two levels be for the Frontrunner station and Station park and have the top levels be for the amusement park with a separate entrance for both. On days that the amusement park is closed the whole parking structure could be used for the Frontrunner and Station Park. They would need more buses or a Trax line between the frontrunner station and the amusement park. If they built a parking structure near the park I think a good place would be in the northwest corner to the north of the maintenance building
(11-05-2019, 02:35 PM)A00967505 Wrote: I think that if they built a parking structure over at the Frontrunner lot it would give the park more room to expand. I think that if they did that they should have the bottom two levels be for the Frontrunner station and Station park and have the top levels be for the amusement park with a separate entrance for both. On days that the amusement park is closed the whole parking structure could be used for the Frontrunner and Station Park. They would need more buses or a Trax line between the frontrunner station and the amusement park. If they built a parking structure near the park I think a good place would be in the northwest corner to the north of the maintenance building
First of all, who is this "they" you are talking about? Lagoon does not own the land that Z is talking about, and there is also talk of an Arena in this area as well. Why would the property owner build a parking structure for Lagoon to use when it benefits a private company that isn't them? Lagoon owns over 260 Acres of Land, why would they need to expand across the freeway in the first place?

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island