2019-2020 Off-Season Discussion
(11-06-2019, 10:58 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: On Jan 1 2020. I like the increase in speed but disagree with the trucks.
Our speed limits could be increased if we took more time to educate people how to drive!

I don't care about the trucks... it's the idiots that cut the trucks off and just plain be stupid around big trucks!
(11-06-2019, 09:08 PM)Z Wrote: Piles are very useful for shrinking up foundations, but conventional foundations can also generally be used as long as you can spread the load enough to prevent the foundation from loading up beyond the bearing pressure of the soil.

-Z

Because of the fact that if the foundation is large enough, you don’t need piles, I’m pretty sure that all coasters at Nickelodeon Universe in the American Dream mall don’t even have footers, the supports for the rides just go straight into the concrete.
(11-06-2019, 09:08 PM)Z Wrote: Depth to groundwater is not necessarily a problem. They would have an issue with drainage for a tunnel, since the storm sewer (and sanitary sewer) in the area can't get too deep, but the bigger issue in the area is collapsible soils, which lead to the need for interesting foundations. There is a tunnel in the roadway on the north end of the Lagoon Trail, which isn't a problem for drainage, groundwater or collapsible soils.

The bigger issue for a tunnel is that it would be constructed beneath two separate major highways and active rail lines. The rail lines are the biggest problem, since Union Pacific doesn't allow anyone to cross beneath their lines and are a major pain to deal with for any type of construction. If you even get caught walking across a railway, they will threaten to arrest you if they see you. They have special legislation that makes them immune to most condemnation actions as well, so you couldn't claim that you were doing something for the public good and get a sympathetic local government to help you.

Piles are very useful for shrinking up foundations, but conventional foundations can also generally be used as long as you can spread the load enough to prevent the foundation from loading up beyond the bearing pressure of the soil.

As a sidenote, there was a whistle blower that came forward indicating the foundations for the bridges built for Legacy Highway are inadequate and that the bridges are in jeopardy of collapse. The area will be highly scrutinized in the future.

-Z
Thank you Z. You always have great insights.
(11-05-2019, 04:28 PM)JordanM Wrote: To clarify- this is what was discussed previously in the thread and is part of an already-known plan.
Ok what if the park looks like the following in the future. One day in the summer I find that I have been transported into the future. So I decide to buy a season pass and reserve a hotel room for a week. I get on the frontrunner on a Saturday afternoon. I find that the Frontrunner line now goes from Brigham City to Saint George and the trains now have 10 cars each. I get off at the Farmington frontrunner station and go across the bridge . I notice that there's a parking structure about the same height as the bridge near the station and there is an entrance to the parking structure from the bridge and I notice a sign on the west end of the bridge pointing to the north that says to Trax trains then  I check into my hotel room and return to the bridge. So I walk through the parking structure and get on the Trax and get off at the amusement park. While on the Trax I notice that the park has bought the area between Park lane and Lagoon drive and moved the maintenance building to there along with the stuff in the buildings that were previously near the Double Thunder Raceway and also the stuff that was in the building on the west side of Wicked. The Trax station for the amusement park is located just east of the intersection of park lane and Lagoon drive and the entrance to the road to the auto gate is in the southeast corner of the intersection and there is a parking structure on the west side of what used to be the north field.  There's also a drop off area over there somewhere.I walk to the park entrance and I notice that there is a covered car park to the east of me on the north side of Primordial. On the west between the path and the parking structure is another covered car park. I enter the entrance building which is now in the area formerly occupied by Hydro Luge, the north restrooms and Samurai and the north side of the building is directly east of the north wall of the new north restrooms. The building has the ticket windows to the west and the season pass area to the east and the park entrance to the south. In the middle are some stairs and some lifts that go up to the first floor since it's a 2 story building and there are also some restrooms in the middle. So I get my picture taken and enter the park. When I enter the park I notice that the first aid station and the strollers n stuff are to the south of the ticket windows and the guest services is to the south of the season pass area and there are also some lockers on the south side of the building.I decide to start with the Merry Go Round which is in the same location that it's always been in. I notice that the line has been extended further around the ride and they are filling every ride to the max capacity. While looking for a seat I notice that there's a kid trying to climb on one of the animals but isn't able to so I decide to help her onto the seat and put the belt on her. I notice that even with the belt as tight as it can go it is still loose and she'sn't able to reach the pole so I decide to stand next to her on the ride. When the ride is over I help her down and carry her through the exit and try to find the people that she came with. After a few minutes I hear an announcement about a missing child that matches her description and for whoever finds her to bring her to the guest services. So I do and the people that she came with are there waiting for her. After that I decide to go on the Roller Coaster just before I get to the ride I notice that the path on the north side has been extended further west so I decide to see what's over there. I notice that there's a flat ride on the north side of the lift hill so I go on that. I also notice that there's a wing coaster to the west of where the entrance used to be so I go on that next I go on the Roller Coaster. I notice that the lockers are now on the north side of the line and there's a single rider line where the lockers used to be and the main line now includes some switchbacks in the area between the lift hill and the loading station. Next I go on Wild Mouse; the entrance has been moved around the corner and there are separate lines for each car and there are some lockers where the line used to start. The lines also slope eliminating the stairs and the exit now goes to the north then turns west and the old exit is now a single rider line. There is also a flat ride on the east side of the ride which I go on next. After that I go on the Cliffhanger. The line now starts just east of the exit and goes along the south side of the ride and splits in two on the east side. Next I go on the Spider. The line now starts at the big spider and borders the Cliffhanger and the Beirgarten. The exit now goes to the east and goes parallel to the entrance the old exit has been replaced with a single rider line that goes a couple feet further west and turns 90° south. There's also a flat ride on the south side of the ride which I go on next. After that I notice that there's a flying coaster to the west of Spider so I go on that next I also notice that there's a stand up coaster to the west of Wicked an inverted coaster west of that and a shuttle coaster west of that so I go on all of them. Then I go on Wicked the line has been extended into the area behind the sign and runs north south and also slopes the lockers have been moved to outside of the single rider line and the exit has been turned slightly to the south and the single rider line also slopes up. After that I decide to go on the Fire Dragon I notice that there's another roller coaster on the east side of the Fire Dragon where the Music Express used to be and the line for Fire Dragon now runs under the ride then splits in 2 near where the line used to start. The main line is in the same place it's always been in but it now slopes on both sides of the bridge. There's a single rider line where the exit used to be and the exit is now on the north side of the ride. After that I go on the roller coaster that is located where Music Express used to be. The line for that ride is also under the ride and the lockers are between the line for that ride and the line for Fire Dragon. Next I decide to go on the Sky Ride but when I get to it I notice that the Sky Ride station has been moved to the south where the south restrooms used to be and there's a watermainia on the north side of the ride so I go on that first then I go on the Sky Ride the entrance now starts west of where it used to and goes all the way to the fence and winds back and forth 5 times. The exit does the same thing on the other side and there is either a game or a food place under the loading station. Just before I'm about to get on I hear the ride operator tell one of the other people in line that they only allow 3 people at the most in each on and the person has 3 kids that all require a bigger person with them so the person asks me if I would mind taking on of them with me so I say sure. Before it gets to the other end she falls asleep in my arms. The north loading station is now on the first floor of the entrance building. When we get off the ride she's still asleep so I carry her off the ride and they have to stop the ride right after we get off so I just sit on a bench holding her and wait for everyone else to get off. After that I notice that the arcade and Dracula's Castle has been moved into the building on the west side of the first floor and the Music Express and the Boomerang have been moved to the east side of the first floor. part of Dracula's Castle goes behind the Sky Ride north station and over to the east side and there is a path that goes around the east side of Dracula's Castle and outside to the area above the covered car parks. Above one of them is a ride similar to a Test Track  and above the other one is a ride that's similar to Double Thunder Raceway but the cars are on a track and the ride is included in the all day ride pass. Both of those rides cross over each other a few times. So I go on those 2 rides and the other 3 rides in the building then go downstairs and outside the building. Next I go on the Flying Aces the entrance is now on the east side and the line starts near where it used to and winds back and forth 3 times. While I'm in line I notice that the water park has been moved to the north end of the picnic area and the park has bought the area between the north end of the picnic area and Primordial and the entrance is just northeast of the Flying Aces.I also notice that Bombora has been moved to the south side of the new water park. When I am getting on there's a person with 2 kids that both require a bigger person to ride with them and they try to put all 3 of them in one but there'sn't  enough room so they tell them that they can't ride unless there's someone to go with one of them so I tell them that one of them can go with me. Next I go on Primordial; the entrance goes between the entrance building and the water park and the exit goes through the building on the east side. Then I go on the Rocket; there is now a single rider line for both rockets in the spaces that were previously empty and the 3rd rocket has been installed. There's also a flat ride on the southwest side of the Rocket which I go on next. After that I walk towards Screamer; on the way to the ride I notice that there's a 1001 nachts ride on the south side of the Screamer so I go on it then I go on the Screamer which now has lockers near the entrance. As I'm getting on the ride I notice that there's another person looking for one when the operator tells us that there's only one left and the other person says I can have it if I want but I tell her that she can have it or if she wants to ride with me she can so she decides to ride with me. Next I notice that there's a pendulum ride on the north side of Cannibal which I go on next then I go on Cannibal; the single rider line has been moved to the east side and there are now separate lines for each car and the lines now go the full length of the ride. After that I go on the SkyScraper which now has a single rider line. Single riders are put with a group that has room or with another single rider. When I get off the SkyScraper I notice that there's a 4th dimension coaster in the area previously occupied by: Paratroopers, Boomerang, Tilt-AWhirl. and Scrambler. The line and entrance to the 4D coaster is located where the Paratroopers used to be so I go on that ride next. After that I notice that I notice that there's a flat ride on the south side of the 4D coaster which I go on next. Then I notice that just south of there there's a top hat to a roller coaster with a drop tower on the top hat so I go on the drop tower. Next I notice that the Paratrooper is now located to the south of the seance building and the Scrambler is located in the area previously occupied by the northwest corner of the arcade and Dracula's Castle so I go on both of them. Next I notice that there's a floorless coaster in the area previously occupied by the season pass and guest services building and the south side of Dracula's Castle so I go that next. Then I notice that the Samurai is now located in the area previously occupied by the first aid station and there's a disco ride between the Samurai and the wing coaster. Next I walk under the wing coaster and I notice that there's a racing coaster on the south side of the midway so I go on that next. After that I notice that there's a dive coaster on the north side of the midway which I go on next. The roller coaster with the top hat at the end is located between the dive coaster and the Double Thunder Raceway and the entrance is at the west end where the maintenance building used to be so I decide to go on that next. The ride starts on the west end on the north side after it leaves the station it launches you down the track at a slightly upward angle then goes up vertically and twists 90 degrees to the left while going up then it goes down vertically while twisting 270 degrees to the left then returns to the station. The ride goes above the Scrambler. the seance building, and the Paratrooper and the exit is in the middle of the tracks. When I get off the ride I notice that there's a path that goes under both the dive coaster and the coaster with a top hat to the area between the coaster with a top hat and the Double Thunder Raceway. So I follow the path and notice that the Tilt-A-Whirl has been moved to there and there are also 3 other flat rides over there so I go on all of them. Next I go on the east-west Sky Ride which I noticed earlier; the west loading station is located between the racing coaster and the dive coaster and the east loading station is located to the north of the north entrance to Pioneer Village. Next I go on the Terrorride which now has a double loading station and a second line on the north side. After that I go on the Rock O Plane; the line now slopes the full length of the line and the exit has been extended. While I'm in line there's a person with 2 kids that both require a bigger person so the person asks me if I could take one of them with me and I say that I can. Then I go on the Wild Kingdom Train; there are now some switchbacks where the south exit used to be and the building is a couple feet west of where it used to be and it is longer and skinnier than it used to be. The track has also been moved a couple feet to the west and people now line up for the section they want to ride in before the next train arrives and the exit is now on the other side. When I get on the ride there is a group of 7 people that ride in the same section as me 4 of which are kids that are sitting on the other people's laps. While I'm on the ride one of the kids asks me if she can sit on my lap so I tell her that she can. After that I go on the Tidal Wave; the line is now closer to the ride and it now slopes the full length of the ride. While I'm on the ride I notice that there's an inverted looping coaster over the water which I go on next. Then I go on the Turn of the Century; the line has been turned 90 degrees and now slopes eliminating the stairs. When I'm getting on the ride me and another person are still looking for a seat and the only seat left is a double seat. While we're on the ride the other person puts both arms out and I only put one out then she decides to only put the arm on the outside out. Next I walk towards Pioneer Village where I notice that the Pioneer Village Railroad has been rebuilt and now goes around RattleSnake Rapids  and the entrance to the railroad is at the south end of Pioneer Village in the same building where it used to be.  So I go on it next. After that I go on the RattleSnake Rapids; the lockers have been moved closer to the line entrance and the line now slopes down after it crosses the bridge and there's a single rider line to the left of the main line and there's also a fence between the entrance and exit lines. There's also a picnic terrace in the middle of the north half of the ride. While I'm on the ride I notice that there's a bumper boats ride just south of there which I go on next. Then I go on the Log Flume; there are now lockers near the entrance and the lift hill is now at the beginning and the ride has been extended and now goes over the south half of RattleSnake Rapids. Next I walk through the area where the water park used to be. I notice that the east side is mostly picnic terraces and an extension of Pioneer village and the west side is an expansion of kiddie land. In the expansion of kiddie land there's a ride to the south and a ride to the east of Scalliwags, 2 rides east of Puff the Little Fire Dragon, 4 rides east of Speedway Jr,2 rides east of Kontiki, 2 rides east of Moonraker, 2 rides east of Dinosaur Drop, and 2 rides east of Ladybug Bop. So I go on all of them. Then I go on a ride that's located to the west of Scalliwags which I noticed earlier. Then I notice that the Red Baron has been moved slightly to the southeast and the Baby boats have been moved and there are 2 more rides there which I go on next.  Next I go on Puff the Little Fire Dragon; the loading station is now covered. After that I go on the DragonFly; the entrance is now located in the southwest corner of the ride. When I get off the ride I notice that there's a kid that needs help getting off so I decide to help her. I notice that she'sn't able to walk yet  so I carry her out and look for the people that she came with who show up a few minutes later. I also notice that the Speedway Jr has been rerouted and there's now a ride on the south side of the DragonFly which I go on next. After that I go on the Kontiki; the entrance and exit have been switched and the entrance now goes through Dragonfly's old entrance and it winds 1 more time to the north of where it used to. Next I go on the Ladybug Bop; the line now winds 1 time to the north and has been extended slightly west. After that I go on the Dinosaur Drop; the entrance and exit have been switched and the entrance now goes between the Dinosaur Drop and the Moonraker. Next I notice that there's a mine train coaster where Bombora used to be so I go on it next. Then I go on a pipeline coaster that is located east of the Bat. I also notice that the picnic area has been expanded further east and now borders the trail. After that I go on a crazy bus and another ride which are located to the south of the Bat and I notice that the Baby Boats have been moved to near the south east corner of the Jumping Dragon and is now half the size that it used to be and the boats are all connected in a circle. Then I go on the Bat; the line now winds 1 time on the west side and there's a single rider line on the north side. Next I go on the Jumping Dragon; the entrance and exit have been switched and the entrance now goes through the dragon on the north side. On the west side of the ride are some rows of 2 circles each with a path on the side of them. Then I go on the Red Rock Rally; the line now winds back and forth a couple times on the south side. Next I go on the Flying Tigers; the line has been extended around to the south side. I notice that there's a ride between the Flying Tigers and Ruka Safari which I go on next. Then I go on Ruka Safari which now has an umbrella over the ride. After that I go on the Tipsey Teacups; the line has been extended further around the ride. I notice that there's a smaller version of the Rock O Plane on the north side of Tipsey Teacups  which I go on next. I then go on Odysea ;  the line has been extended further around the ride  and there are now lockers on the west side of the ride. I then notice that the Opera House has been removed and there's now a flat ride in its place which I go on next. After that I go on Air Race; the line now winds back and forth 3 times. Last I go on Jet Star 2; the lockers have been moved to the south side and there's now a single rider line on the east side. After that I leave the park and go back to the hotel. It is now the next Friday night and I go home the next day. While I'm riding the Frontrunner home  I notice a bunch of people get off. After the train leaves the station I notice a kid under 1 of the seats so I look and I don't see any one else in that section so I go to her and see if she'll come to me which she does. I then wait a few minutes to see if the rest of the people she was with are still on the train. After a few minutes I call the UTA police and say that I found a kid on the train and there'sn't anyone else in that section. They then say that they just got a call about a missing kid and ask me to give a description of her. They then say that she's the missing kid and ask me and her to get off at the next station. So we do and the people that she was with show up a few minutes later. I then go home and go back to my own time.
Not going to lie, but that was way to long to read.
If you all want a good laugh. Go to ksl classifieds and search "Lagoon"
The first airtime hill on Roller Coaster is dismantled for its rebuilding this winter.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits Designs
(11-07-2019, 04:22 AM)A00967505 Wrote: Ok what if the park looks like the following in the future.

Going to go ahead and make a post now and edit it when I'm done reading this eventually.

Edit: what the hell
(11-07-2019, 04:22 AM)A00967505 Wrote: Ok what if the park looks like the following in the future.

So are you really good at remembering your dreams, or is that fanfiction, or do you believe you really were transported into the future somehow?
Twirling Ribbons 
(11-07-2019, 07:46 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: So are you really good at remembering your dreams, or is that fanfiction, or do you believe you really were transported into the future somehow?
Fiction.
(11-07-2019, 08:29 PM)A00967505 Wrote: Fiction.

Too much at once. Try and combine and simplify your ideas.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits Designs