Coaster Questions
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate all coasters by Arrow! I really enjoy X2, Viper, Ninja, Iron Dragon, and Magnum on some days. Gold Rusher at MM isn't that bad either! I want to like Gemini and Corkscrew... I'll give them another chance when I go to CP in the spring.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(11-14-2019, 10:55 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: If you could have any coaster destroyed, what would it be?

My choice already has been.  Well, I guess technically it's been converted.  I've only ever been on one single roller coaster in my life that I actually regretted and had to recover from:  Cedar Point's Mean Streak.  The Bat at Lagoon may especially annoying for grown-ups due to the OTS restraints, but I'll ride it and be okay a minute later; it doesn't have anything on the spawn of Satan that is was Mean Streak.
(11-14-2019, 03:10 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Wicked isn't rough. I've been on it around 50 times the last 3 years. It does have an odd transition near the end that jostles you around a bit, but it's far from a rough ride.

I know my Dad would want the Beast demolished at Kings Island. Obviously that's not going to happen, but he had a very rough ride on it last year. He hates it with a burning passion.

For me, I'd probably say Gemini or Corkscrew at CP. Corkscrew looks really good in the park, but it's rough. Gemini has some fans, but it gave me a massive headache due being very rough.

I think Lagoons lineup is top-notch, but I'd say the Bat, if I had to choose one. Although being very popular, I think I only rode it one time in seven visits this last season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That’s your opinion. I can feel every single track joint. Every. Single. One. I would rather ride Carolina Cyclone than Wicked any day. At least that one doesn’t give me a headache.

Bat could just get a new train and it would be fine. Silver Streak at Canada’s Wonderland is almost universally praised because, even though it’s a bit bumpy, at least your head doesn’t feel like it’s stuck in a pinball machine strapped to a truck going down a rocky road.
I don't know what coaster I would remove. I like all coasters even the rough ones. Oh, I know. How about those Larson Loop "coasters?!" I could easily remove those "coasters."
(11-14-2019, 10:55 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: If you could have any coaster destroyed, what would it be?

For me, I would tear down Wicked. It’s so rough that I get a headache every time I ride it. I would prefer a retracking, because the layout is good, but it just currently is a terrible ride.

*EDIT*: We can all agree to disagree on this.
You don't know the meaning of rough. I DARE YOU to ride the Manhattan Express (now the Big Apple coaster) in Las Vegas. This giant scrap pile should have a line of personal injury lawyers waiting at the exit. It has it all! Rough joints, old track, absolutely terrible transitions and the strangest shoulder harness set up you'll ever see. I honestly can't believe this thing is still in operation. (Yes it really is that bad.)
(11-16-2019, 03:49 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: You don't know the meaning of rough. I DARE YOU to ride the Manhattan Express (now the Big Apple coaster) in Las Vegas. This giant scrap pile should have a line of personal injury lawyers waiting at the exit. It has it all! Rough joints, old track, absolutely terrible transitions and the strangest shoulder harness set up you'll ever see. I honestly can't believe this thing is still in operation. (Yes it really is that bad.)

I second this and I last rode it when the ride was new in 1997. Crooks.mark is not exaggerating.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits

For me, I would tear down Wicked. It’s so rough that I get a headache every time I ride it. I would prefer a retracking, because the layout is good, but it just currently is a terrible ride.

*EDIT*: We can all agree to disagree on this.
I can agree with that, would prefer bat gone though more.
(11-16-2019, 03:49 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: You don't know the meaning of rough. I DARE YOU to ride the Manhattan Express (now the Big Apple coaster) in Las Vegas. This giant scrap pile should have a line of personal injury lawyers waiting at the exit. It has it all! Rough joints, old track, absolutely terrible transitions and the strangest shoulder harness set up you'll ever see. I honestly can't believe this thing is still in operation. (Yes it really is that bad.)
Oh, man... how can I forget that monstrosity.  Gospel right here.  Consider that my provisional answer.
If removing the Bat would bring back the Lake Park terrace I'd be all for it, otherwise let the coasters all stay
Twirling Ribbons 
(11-16-2019, 07:58 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: If removing the Bat would bring back the Lake Park terrace I'd be all for it, otherwise let the coasters all stay
Win I miss that terrace.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits