Coaster Questions
Well watch this and then decide on removing Wicked
https://youtu.be/eEu11D5T6Og
i did see this. Granted Wicked is kind of a gamble. You can get a fairly smooth ride followed by a rough, painful one but this is a Lagoon original and I'd never want to see it removed.
(11-29-2019, 05:42 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: i did see this. Granted Wicked is kind of a gamble. You can get a fairly smooth ride followed by a rough, painful one but this is a Lagoon original and I'd never want to see it removed.

I never really noticed much roughness last year in my 10ish rides! I’ve been on much rougher coasters. Granted all of my rides were in the front, so maybe that’s better than the back row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have only noticed that the 2nd half of the ride is just kinda "Blah" The top hat and the air time hills right after are smooth as butter
(11-30-2019, 02:01 AM)DeLorean Wrote: I have only noticed that the 2nd half of the ride is just kinda "Blah" The top hat and the air time hills right after are smooth as butter

I've never noticed roughness on the launch, but as soon as that drop starts to bottom out, that roughness hits like a brick wall!
Yes the bottom of the airtime launch hill can be a little unpleasant at times. So back to the original topic of this thread. If I could add a coaster to my backyard my backyard would be Lagoon. I would add Olympia, Fire Dragon's 5 loop sibling and give it a permanent home where it could be maintained and preserved. I believe a year or two ago it was for sale. I think that would such a unique coaster combination in one park.
(11-30-2019, 05:32 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Yes the bottom of the airtime launch hill can be a little unpleasant at times. So back to the original topic of this thread. If I could add a coaster to my backyard my backyard would be Lagoon. I would add Olympia, Fire Dragon's 5 loop sibling and give it a permanent home where it could be maintained and preserved. I believe a year or two ago it was for sale. I think that would such a unique coaster combination in one park.
It's still in use and technically still for sale.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
New question time!!! If you were to have to go to one park for the rest of your life, which park would it be? Please indicate if it would be Lagoon, but then pick a second.

I would choose Carowinds, because not only are the rides great, but also the people are some of the nicest people I've ever has the pleasure of meeting. Also, the park seems to a large investment nearly every other year.
Cedar Point. It was always my second home park. My grandparents used to live near it, and I would go every couple years and stay with them to head to the park. Sadly, both grandparents have passed on and none of my family live in Ohio anymore, so I haven't been there in awhile. Really miss it too.
(12-06-2019, 01:51 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: New question time!!! If you were to have to go to one park for the rest of your life, which park would it be? Please indicate if it would be Lagoon, but then pick a second.

I would choose Carowinds, because not only are the rides great, but also the people are some of the nicest people I've ever has the pleasure of meeting. Also, the park seems to a large investment nearly every other year.

Mine would 1924 Saltair. It was such a cool place.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits