Star Wars Rise of the Resistance
As previews of the Florida attraction are starting to leak on line I just want to saw WOW!! I am a dark ride junky and from what I'm seeing Disney has delivered it's Opus. I cannot wait to experience this in person.
(12-04-2019, 06:14 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: As previews of the Florida attraction are starting to leak on line I just want to saw WOW!! I am a dark ride junky and from what I'm seeing Disney has delivered it's Opus. I cannot wait to experience this in person.

From the commercial footage it looks awesome. Much better than Smuggler's Run anyway. The radio commercial for the ride though made me cringe as they mispronounced "AT AT".

EDIT: I just watched a full POV and I am quite impressed. It looks like a fun ride. A modern take on Star Tours.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(12-04-2019, 09:44 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: From the commercial footage it looks awesome. Much better than Smuggler's Run anyway. The radio commercial for the ride though made me cringe as they mispronounced "AT AT".

EDIT: I just watched a full POV and I am quite impressed. It looks like a fun ride. A modern take on Star Tours.
I'm amazed how quickly and seamlessly they integrate the "drop track" section into this ride.
All of the videos that I have seen make me want to go and go now... Too bad I am too poor to do so right now

The laser blasting parts or the wall out and the light saber coming from the ceiling though... AMAZING!
(12-06-2019, 10:10 PM)DeLorean Wrote: All of the videos that I have seen make me want to go and go now... Too bad I am too poor to do so right now

The laser blasting parts or the wall out and the light saber coming from the ceiling though... AMAZING!
It’s CRAZY! How do they do those effects? Disney spared no expense with this, which makes me actually want to visit Galaxys Edge. Smugglers Run looks pretty lackluster honestly, but this is something else.
I love dark rides but if you're going to build the most advanced dark ride ever based on a 1977 movie I'd prefer Close Encounters, Pete's Dragon or Winnie the Pooh.

(Star Wars is the bane of my existence)
Twirling Ribbons 
(12-06-2019, 10:10 PM)DeLorean Wrote: All of the videos that I have seen make me want to go and go now... Too bad I am too poor to do so right now

Kylo Ren's light saber cutting thru the ceiling of the elevator is a trick I've been wrapping my mind around since I saw it. Blown away! Absolutely no idea how they're pulling that one off. Next month it's clone in Anaheim will be open so that will be a cheaper trip.
(12-07-2019, 03:33 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Kylo Ren's light saber cutting thru the ceiling of the elevator is a trick I've been wrapping my mind around since I saw it. Blown away! Absolutely no idea how they're pulling that one off. Next month it's clone in Anaheim will be open so that will be a cheaper trip.

That is one of the best effects. It looks awesome!
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(12-07-2019, 01:48 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I love dark rides but if you're going to build the most advanced dark ride ever based on a 1977 movie I'd prefer Close Encounters, Pete's Dragon or Winnie the Pooh.

(Star Wars is the bane of my existence)

The only problem is that Disney didn't pay 4 Billion for those properties and don't need to make that money back.

Plus how would the match what they did with rise of the resistance as they would with those?
(12-07-2019, 11:26 AM)DeLorean Wrote: The only problem is that Disney didn't pay 4 Billion for those properties and don't need to make that money back.

Plus how would the match what they did with rise of the resistance as they would with those?

Well Pooh's Hunny Hunt was the most advanced dark ride ever built at the time it was made (2000) and was the first to use the trackless ride system now in Star Wars, so it's not that far-fetched.

I hope they don't make their money back though I'm sure they will, but at least they're milking it so hard that it'll inevitably fall out of style.

(Just ignore me, Star Wars has been the bane of my existence for my entire life and I couldn't help but add my two cents about it)
Twirling Ribbons